why

by battl3_bzt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why

★ Novice

I have a PS4 Pro and ever since the graphics update my game has been super laggy. I uninstalled twice once during season 5 post graphics update and once during season 6 and I'm still experiencing lag. My character doesn't lag it's other people, they look glitchy and they don't flow if that makes sense. They look like snap shot stuttering around the map. I tried messing with the data center connection and despite connecting to the data center with the lowest ping (usually <40) and packet loss (usually 2 or 0) I still can't get a smooth gaming experiencing like I have in previous seasons. This is especially distressing since I've spent quite a bit of money on skins, battle passes, etc. Thanks, please help me fix this asap.

Message 1 of 6 (366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why

Community Manager

@battl3_bzt 

Thanks for following up!

If changing the DNS has helped there might be an issue with the default DNS servers your ISP is using. Some of the other DNS servers you've tried might have just been too far away if you didn't really notice an improvement. 

It may be a good idea to try reaching out to your ISP to see if they've identified any issues with their DNS. They may be able to offer some insight on what could be happening. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (252 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @battl3_bzt

Do you mind if we try out some connection troubleshooting to see if we can help out with the lag issues you've been seeing? 

When you have the chance try running through the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having some trouble after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. Let me know if you're still having any trouble afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (325 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent ,

I followed the basic connectivity steps and the PS4 specific steps and my problem is persisting. I downloaded the uotrace and everything came back normal. How should I proceed?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (301 Views)

Community Manager

@battl3_bzt 

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Would you mind setting a different DNS on your PS4 as well to see if that makes any improvements? You can update the DNS using the steps below: 

1. Open up the Settings on your PS4, then go to Network. From there go to Set Up Internet Connection, and select either WiFi or LAN cable depending on what you're using. 
  2. Select Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual) 
  3. Enter the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS as 8.8.4.4 -- This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different public DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 
  4. Select Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection 

Let me know how that goes after you've had a chance to try it out. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (284 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent ,

So the lag has gone down a bit but it is still lagging and not playing as smoothly as it used to. I tried the Google Primary and Secondary DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) but one I found better for me is Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1). I even tried to mix them up using the Google Primary and Cloudflare Secondary and then that same combo but in reverse Cloudflare Prim and Google Sec. I even tried Open DNS (208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222) but that was just as laggy as the default 0.0.0.0 & 0.0.0.0. The fact that I've seen some improvement in changing my DNS to Cloudflare makes me believe it has something to do with my connection. What else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 6 (269 Views)

Community Manager

@battl3_bzt 

Thanks for following up!

If changing the DNS has helped there might be an issue with the default DNS servers your ISP is using. Some of the other DNS servers you've tried might have just been too far away if you didn't really notice an improvement. 

It may be a good idea to try reaching out to your ISP to see if they've identified any issues with their DNS. They may be able to offer some insight on what could be happening. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)