Re: why ping is wrong in-game

by IGuruDevI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why ping is wrong in-game

★ Guide

i get 75 to 80ms ping on the server selection screen but in-game I get 100 ms why?

Message 1 of 7 (1,290 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@IGuruDevI 

Got it, thanks!

Would you mind if we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help improve the ping at all? A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,199 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @IGuruDevI

Is there a specific datacenter where you're seeing this happening, or is it the same situation with any of them? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,244 Views)

★ Guide

I play on the Singapore server and I m from North India. Your latest network information tool in-game gives me a real numeric ping value rather than a symbol. I get 82ms ping in Apex legend on the server selection screen but I have over 100+ and sometimes it reaches 130ms. I figured the reason why sometimes my shot never registered because I never played on 80ms to 85ms. it always 100+ms while hot dropping.  I get 80ms to 84ms ping in Valorant too and it never crossed above 85ms in Variant. two screenshots. do something. I have fiber internet with zero packet loss.

Message 3 of 7 (1,231 Views)

★ Guide

another screenshot here too

Message 4 of 7 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

another screenshot where i see 74ms too 79ms ping but in-game 100+ms

Message 5 of 7 (1,226 Views)

Community Manager

@IGuruDevI 

Got it, thanks!

Would you mind if we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help improve the ping at all? A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting the same damn issuse . I am also from north India and in the server selector i get around 70-80 ping in sg servers except from singapore 1 . For some unknown reason i am getting 280 ping on that server from last month . but whenever I SELECT ANY OTHER SERVER I STILL GET THE PING FROM SINGAPORE 1 AS IF I AM PLAYING ON THAT SERVER . But i didnt even select that server . I know its not my service providers issue because every other game is fine . When i re install the game i get good ping for 4-5 matches but then it returns to same issue. Plz fix this ASAP or tell me whats wrong....

Message 7 of 7 (1,100 Views)