Re: why does the sniper rifles not fire?

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Well I got on last night and went to just go see if any change in my scout class and my sniper rifles are working now don't know why didn't get a new controller or do anything. Maybe they fix it?

Message 11 of 19 (1,970 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how do you set the xb1 elite to normal, it works with a regular controller. crazy

Message 12 of 19 (1,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have done some tests and even tried another pad. In conclusion....i feel a little silly but i have the solution. Everybody that is having problems are using the Elite controller. The problem is the elite controllers "hair trigger" switches. YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT USING THE HAIR TRIGGER FUNCTION ON THE PAD..BEFORE YOU LOAD THE GAME. changing the hair triggers from 'on' to 'off', ingame, does not work. If you set the switches to 'off' before you load the game i.e. the triggers fully depress when pulled,... you wont have any problems and can use all weps.
Yeah...i feel like a douhgnut :/ but had no idea the hair triggers were the problem as i was setting them 'on' and 'off' ingame with no effect. Make sure they are set 'off' before loading game.
The hair trigger switches effect other games too such as gta5 where they wont allow you to wheel spin ya car.
Message 13 of 19 (1,907 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue and I'm playing on PC with keyboard/mouse. Everything but the sniper rifle works. 

Message 14 of 19 (1,840 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@ranbla 

What type of mouse do you have? Does right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting "repair" fix it?

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 19 (1,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ranblaI am having persistent issues too But on standard controller. Haven’t been able to fire any sniper rifle, except one of the medic class sniper guns that has no scope. Every other gun and gadget works fine. I have played w/trigger sensitivity but still a no go. I play on Xbox 1 but see this is a somewhat common issue on all platforms. Nice...🙄

Message 16 of 19 (1,385 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This post is from 2016 and now its 2020 and how did DICE sort out this problem with sniper rifle because its doesn't work at all. 

Message 17 of 19 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MedinaDon 2021 and I was able to fix this issue thanks to you 👍
Message 18 of 19 (796 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 1, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 19 of 19 (542 Views)