Re: why does the sniper rifles not fire?

by MedinaDon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why does the sniper rifles not fire?

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Cant fire any sniper rifles. The trigger button does nothing. I have tried every conceivable way and multiple button combos incase its a super secret button combo. The only way i can fire a sniper rifle is to hold the fire button/trigger and do a little jump.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How should i know? I see almost every other person having no problems. It was the same on the beta, i was hoping it was just..well...a small glitch. I have been looking through you tube and found a comment by another person who has the same problem so i know i am not alone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Nothing happens because the rifles simply dont fire. Can only fire by holding the trigger button and doing a little jump in the air. Very, very sloppy on EA's side.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I could but i havent gotten rnd to making one. Also...all you would see is me stood there looking dumb or doing a little jump and firing a shot.
Message 1 of 19 (11,532 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. Turned out to be my short stroke trigger pull setting on XB1 elite controller. Same for Scuff controller. Set to normal pull or use original XB controller. Strange that in my case it would fire pistols, machine guns and cannons in short stroke setting just not any rifle. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 19 (11,341 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I can't shoot any primary weapons at all!!! WTF

Message 2 of 19 (11,471 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@OP: this is something that actually occurs in many FPS games when the controller is worn out... or, to be precise, trigger - it must be pulled further for "heavy-hitting" weapons like sniper rifles, and at certain point it will simply not register the fact that you pulled the trigger far enough to fire a shot. Try another controller out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 19 (11,462 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too. Just finished two hours on COD. Trigger works great.  Doesn't work at all on BF1

Message 4 of 19 (11,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cthat is not the case cause two of us can fire all other weapons.  Hm

Message 5 of 19 (11,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this issue as well. My controller is a less than 2 month old Elite controller and works fine for every other game I own. Instead of treading people like they are ignorant how about EA says yea we screwed up here is a patch to fix it. I love this game it would be perfect if I could shoot my damn rifles.
Message 6 of 19 (11,412 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me. Tech said to clear MAC address in MS setting and to completely reload the game.  Neither fixed it.  I haven't played the ground game yet.  Funny, machine guns and tank cannons all fire. Aircraft guns shoot normal also. Getting a little upset. 

Message 7 of 19 (11,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue also when using my xbox elite controller.I spoke with the xbox about the issue and they believe there is a bug in the game its self and they would forward the issue to EA. My regular xbox controller works fine. I know its not a worn out issue because I went ahead a bought a NEW elite controller and have the same issue. The controller is up to date also. Just wonder if this is just an Elite controller issue? 

Message 8 of 19 (11,363 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. Turned out to be my short stroke trigger pull setting on XB1 elite controller. Same for Scuff controller. Set to normal pull or use original XB controller. Strange that in my case it would fire pistols, machine guns and cannons in short stroke setting just not any rifle. 

Message 9 of 19 (11,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yo just tried that and it worked. Thank you so much. You are a God send.
Message 10 of 19 (11,324 Views)