Re: why do i have to enter training range to avoid packet loss?

by m0oN3w

Original Post

Community Manager

@m0oN3w 

The team is working on server improvements, but for this specific case it's either an extremely rare bug or something we can troubleshoot to fix as we haven't seen a large widespread amount of cases like this.

Do you have any commands entered in your command arguments in the Origin client? 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 19 (471 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

i dont have any commands and ive attached the dxdiag

Message 12 of 19 (464 Views)

Community Manager

@m0oN3w 

It looks like you could upgrade to the latest build of Windows 10 and your GPU needs the latest driver. The one you have is from 2018, so it's very possible this could have some hand in it. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. Can you give that a try?

Nvidia Driver Download

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 19 (461 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  ok i downloaded and installed the latest driver and checked my windows update and it is up to date.  same exact problem happened, and the training range fixed it for the next game

Message 14 of 19 (452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem. My packet loss was 73%.

The game was unplayable. But I found out that the problem was my ISP.  I was able to play other online games but when It comes to Apex my game would stutter. So if your ping levels are high too, maybe It is because of your ISP. 

Message 15 of 19 (430 Views)

Community Manager

@EGEKRC 

If that's the case a UO Trace should identify that. It shows the path in which your connection takes on the way to our servers. There could always be some type of disruption at a site due to technical issues from a storm, for example. 

@m0oN3w 

The UO Trace tool is free to download from our help site if you're interested in attaching that here for review. 

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 19 (421 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ok i ran two traces here are the results @EA_Blueberry 

do i need to play a few games until the red squares appear or will this work?

Message 17 of 19 (393 Views)

Community Manager

@m0oN3w 

Each trace shows 1-3% packet loss in there. We recommend contacting your ISP so they can check into this on their backend to see why that's showing up after you're pinging off a couple of those sites (Hop 7 in trace1 & Hop 4 in trace2).

I'm curious as to whether you tried the steps in the article I linked below to see if they would have any positive effect in game for you. Did you try them?

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 19 (383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

yes the steps in the article are pretty standard for gaming on pc and have been doing them for years.  ive restarted my router multiple times with a wired connection and ive been using cloudflare dns and just changed it to google as the steps in the article recommended. 

loaded into a game with red squares and stuttering, died and then went into the training range.  when bloodhound started talking they went away as usual, and i loaded into a new game with no red squares.  problem solved until next time

the reason i dont think it has to do with my isp is bc the fix is already found in game, by going into the training range.  what could entering the training range and waiting for bloodhound to talk be doing to the backend of my isp that would clear up the packet loss and stuttering?

Message 19 of 19 (359 Views)