why cant I play online friendlies using mobile hotspot in my PS4?

by FaTDeViL07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why cant I play online friendlies using mobile hotspot in my PS4?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I cant play online friendlies with my friend using mobile hotspot in my PS4. Everytime I try it says "opponent has left the game" even though my friend is online. we tried to play using the "play Together" option in PS4. Can you please provide solution?

Kind Regards,

FatDeViL07

Message 1 of 21 (6,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why cant I play online friendlies using mobile hotspot in my PS4?

Community Manager

@FaTDeViL07 

The best connection you can get would be through a wire. Speed isn't the issue. You're fine there. You need a stable connection. Wireless and hotspot connections don't provide that, unfortunately.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 21 (6,661 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @FaTDeViL07.

A mobile hotspot really isn't a good connection. Is it possible to use a wired connection instead?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 21 (6,733 Views)

★ Novice

I play ULTIMATE team on my pc with mobile hotspot only and it never gives me any problem......but it occurs only during online friendlies....pls provide some solution.

Message 3 of 21 (6,727 Views)

Community Manager

@Soodmiester 

The solution is to not use a hot spot. You can also try power cycling your console and mobile device to see if that helps, but playing FUT on a mobile hotspot will have a far less stable connection than using a wire.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 21 (6,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Soodmiester I had the same problem. Everything else works but not the online friendlies.
Message 5 of 21 (6,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo my wifi drops quite a lot. Which is why I tried to use mobile hotspot. Mine has moderate speed on hotspot with 41mbps download and 18mbps upload. Is there any way I can manage to use the hotspot or the only option is the wired or wifi?
Message 6 of 21 (6,696 Views)

Community Manager

@FaTDeViL07 

The best connection you can get would be through a wire. Speed isn't the issue. You're fine there. You need a stable connection. Wireless and hotspot connections don't provide that, unfortunately.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 21 (6,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Thanks mate. I will arrange that.
Message 8 of 21 (6,655 Views)

Community Manager

@FaTDeViL07 

Sounds good. If you need help with anything else, let us know. Also, if you switch to a wire and still have trouble, update this thread and we'll continue troubleshooting. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 21 (6,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your saying use a wired connection what do u mean like from a WiFi box or my phone 

Message 10 of 21 (5,286 Views)