Accepted Solution

when i play apex legends mic wont work

★★★★★ Newbie

my mic worked yesterday but now it doesnt but only with apex legands

Message 1 of 23 (193,778 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: when i play apex legends mic wont work

★★ Novice

I am in the middle of troubleshooting the mic problem just found that mine was blocked by windows security had to use start button/settings/privacy/Microphone and then found it turned off for all programs. no support for apex legends under programs to allow, (fingers crossed) but it's working for now.. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 23 (185,930 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue, worked fine for the first day now i cant seem to talk to anyone. Works fine in discord but pressing T or leaving it open i never have my voice transmitted, I tried exiting Discord and restarting but that didnt help either

Message 2 of 23 (193,649 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same issue. 

I allowed apps to access my microphone in Windows 10. Start > Settings> Sound > Microphone privacy settings > Allow apps to access you microphone. 

Kinda ugly they integrate it into an "app".

Message 3 of 23 (193,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same exact issue, except my computer was ALREADY allowing apps to access the microphone. So, got any other ideas?

Message 4 of 23 (190,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

runnning the same problem... was already set to "allow" still nothing

Message 5 of 23 (189,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The best I can tell is, open Apex Legends without Discord open. It worked for me after trying that, and seems to be working normally now. You may also need to try reinstalling the game and/or restarting your computer.

Message 6 of 23 (189,397 Views)

★★ Novice

I am in the middle of troubleshooting the mic problem just found that mine was blocked by windows security had to use start button/settings/privacy/Microphone and then found it turned off for all programs. no support for apex legends under programs to allow, (fingers crossed) but it's working for now.. Standard smile

Message 7 of 23 (185,931 Views)

★★ Novice
yes that's the key window has blocked my mic although i was able to use it on other games ex Overwatch Quake champions ect.
Message 8 of 23 (185,931 Views)

★★★ Novice

You need to go to Settings ~> Choose Default Input Device (make sure the one you want is selected), the at the bottom click on App Volume and Device Preferences. Once there, make sure your input for Apex Legends is set to your desired Microphone.

Message 9 of 23 (185,160 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The best I can tell is, open Apex Legends without Discord open. It worked for me after trying that, and seems to be working normally now. You may also need to try reinstalling the game and/or restarting your computer.

------>   This works for me. Thanks.  <--------

Message 10 of 23 (180,986 Views)