by CodeRedspartan01

Original Post

Re: when i play apex legends mic wont work

★★★ Newbie

This worked fantastically!

Message 11 of 23 (10,030 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so my problem had a slightly different edge on it than everyone else.

I have the Bluetooth Bose Quietcomfort QC 35 headphones/headset.

So it turns out it has both a Headphones AND a Headset options for both your desktop AND Origin.  What this means is (combined with Origin/Apex other sound issues - read the various threads/fixes all over the internet, there are like 4-5 different issues), is you need to have EVERYTHING BUT ORIGIN 'SPEAKERS SELECT' set on Default for the HEADSET.  That means:

1) App permissions enabled for your Mic in Win 10 (there are various guides for this, just google it);

2) Default settings for the Headset sound in Win 10 (right click taskbar sound, pick Sounds, right click on it, set to default on the pop-up menu);

3) Default settings for the Headset mic in Win 10;

4) Setting the Mic to Headset in the Origin --> Voice menu (if your Origin is minimized, this may be found under Origin --> More --> Voice);

5) Setting the sound for HeadPHONES in the Origin Voice menu. (otherwise I think you get a "hot mic" and hear yourself regardless of push to talk settings anywhere)

6) You MAY also need to go into Advanced sound options under Sound Settings in Win10 (bottom) and set Apex and Origin to Default.

You don't need to remove all other devices in Win10 sound menus, you MAY need to disable them all.  I only ever use my Bose for sound.  I have the Headphones still enabled and it doesn't conflict.  This fix assumes you are getting playback from your mic in the Win10 test area and playback from your mic in the Origin test area, but NOT getting playback within the Apex legends game.  For some reason if you have push to talk set in Origin Voice menu it doesn't need to be pushed for the test, weird, but whatever, doesn't matter.

FYI - BEFORE this fix I was also getting a "Hot mic" in game: where my mic was on regardless of push to talk settings set in game or in Origin voice, but I couldn't hear the game AND the game wasn't registering my mic either (hilariously).  Then when I was in game, if I did a hard reset on the headphones I could then hear in game, but the hot mic went away and my mic still wasn't registering either.

Message 12 of 23 (10,027 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nevermind.  I can't get the settings to stick.  It may be an administrative issue.  Now all I can get is either JUST my headphones to work, or JUST my headset to work.  Meaning that when my headphones work I can't get my mic to register in game.  And when I get my mic to register in game, I can hear myself and everything outside my hilariously noise canceling headphones because my mic pics it up and feeds it back into my headphones. 

So I either can't talk to my team, or I annoy the crap out of my team and myself with my mic.

Message 13 of 23 (9,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

^

I'm not sure exactly which fix worked for me, but I did all of these and my in-game voice chat works again. 

Thanks

Message 14 of 23 (9,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved ! Press shift +f1 to open apex origin settings . Make sure your mic settings are setup properly within the origin settings .Works fine now for me . For some reason it was reset after update . Hope this works for you. 

Message 15 of 23 (9,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i have done it .but it doesn't work . i have checked
Message 16 of 23 (9,647 Views)

★★ Novice

If anyone still has the same problem, here are some other tips I haven't seen mentioned. It seemed to work after I did this and none of the other instructions.

Go to Sound Settings --> Sound Control Panel (right) --> Recording. Disable all audio devices except the microphone that you want. If you followed the other tips here, it should already be the default device, but if not, make it so.

Also, to make your microphone sound a little better, right-click on the microphone under the recordings tab, select properties. Go to advanced and make sure the format is at 48KHz. Go to the Levels tab next and go ahead and slide the bar up all the way.

Message 17 of 23 (7,880 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks

Message 18 of 23 (7,222 Views)

★ Novice
@WookiePurr i also have same problem how its fixed there is no support for apex under microphone privacy. Please help sr.
Message 19 of 23 (6,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive had this problem on ps4 for Apex legends and ive tried reinstalling the game checking for updates even shutting my system down deleting games nothings workin please help my username is Coderedspartan on ps4 message me if u know how to fix this glitch

Message 20 of 23 (5,931 Views)