untrusted file system

by Freak0Ric0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

untrusted file system

★★★ Newbie

I used the Origin launcher application to change the language interface for Apex Legends from English to Japaneese and within 1 minute switched back to English.

Ever since that language switch I have been getting a popup message "Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\amdihk64.dll" From Easy Anti-Cheat. This happens everytime I exit the game.

I have tried reparing and veryfing the game files using the Orgin options. And I have run a sfc / scannow in command prompt and restarted my pc. So far nothing has worked.

How do I fix this problem?

Message 1 of 5 (3,462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: untrusted file system

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Freak0Ric0Edit: For anyone else also having this issue, I have found a solution to this problem. The file mentioned is an AMD dll file that was released unsigned by the supplier during a GPU driver update. (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-7-1).

Apparently this can be flagged as suspicious by the anti cheat software.

The fix for me was to uninstall the drivers completely, and update to the recently released driver 19.9.2

I hope it works for others too.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,403 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Freak0Ric0Edit: For anyone else also having this issue, I have found a solution to this problem. The file mentioned is an AMD dll file that was released unsigned by the supplier during a GPU driver update. (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-7-1).

Apparently this can be flagged as suspicious by the anti cheat software.

The fix for me was to uninstall the drivers completely, and update to the recently released driver 19.9.2

I hope it works for others too.

Message 2 of 5 (3,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so how do we fix this then?

Message 3 of 5 (2,808 Views)

Champion
@Fudanshi03 As mentioned above Freak solved this by updating his drivers to the latest version.

Could you please verify that your drivers are all up-to-date and that you do not have any updates for your OS?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (2,772 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm facing this issue after the season 8 update and whenever I start a match, the game crashes and this error pops up. I've tried updating the drivers and every other solution provided on other platforms but I still face this same issue. I need help

Message 5 of 5 (2,359 Views)