Re: unable to install mass effect andromeda error 196613:0

by XairoN84

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unable to install mass effect andromeda error 196613:0

★★★★ Novice

Hi Standard smile , Just bought Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe but when trying to install i get error 196613:0

Have tried reinstalling origin, doing a clean bot, turing off firewall,turning off antivirus,delete cache and reboot router. 

After reinstalling origin i keep getting the same error when it tries to check/update all installed games.

Using Windows 7 , origin vesion 10.4.5.30491

Message 1 of 15 (10,976 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

deleting appdata\roaming\origin and appdata\local\origin seemed to work , started installing now , thanks for the help Standard smile

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

View in thread

Message 9 of 15 (12,489 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @XairoN84

I see you haven't tried to run origin with admin rights during installation of the game. Right click on the origin launch icon, choose "run as administrator".

Let us know if it worked.

Message 2 of 15 (10,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

running in admin mode gave same results, also tried safe mode, reset windows host files, clear temp files and flush dns cache

Message 3 of 15 (10,915 Views)

@XairoN84

Have you tried to fully delete the origin client in safe mode? Also delete the maps in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" and "C:\Program Data\Origin". The last map is invisible so click on the "view" tab in the windows explorer in the C partition (local drive) and tick the "hidden items" square.

Do a reinstallation and see if it works now. If it doesn't, you can post a dxdiag.

@Straatford87

Hi, Tom. Do you have some background information regarding this error?

Message 4 of 15 (10,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I think this error message is download related, and from the previous Origin client version.

@XairoN84

Which operating system are you on?

What you can try in the meantime is turning on Safe Mode Downloading via Origin -> Application Settings.

Let me know if that helps.

Message 5 of 15 (10,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601) , have tried downloading in safe mode via origin same result...

@DarkBanishing

Do you mean deleting those folders in windows safe mode ? have tried deleting program data\origin several times, one file refuses to be deleted though, says its in use even after closing all programs and restarting etc, OriginWebHelperService_Log

Message 6 of 15 (10,897 Views)

EA DICE Team

@XairoN84

We've got a guide available for the folders that @DarkBanishing asked you to remove - check it out here:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Make sure to run Origin as administrator afterwards.

One thing I noticed on your dxdiag is that your gpu drivers appear to be outdated:

Driver Date/Size: 10/1/2016 22:15:29, 17464952 bytes

Could you please download the latest drivers from the Nvidia website, and then select Customer -> Clean Installation while installing? 

Message 7 of 15 (10,893 Views)

[ Edited ]

@XairoN84

Are you sure you tried to delete them in safe mode? This a how to for booting into safe mode. But please try @Straatford87 's suggestions first. It is possible that an outdated GPU driver can be the culprit in this case.

Message 8 of 15 (10,887 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

deleting appdata\roaming\origin and appdata\local\origin seemed to work , started installing now , thanks for the help Standard smile

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Message 9 of 15 (12,490 Views)

[ Edited ]

@XairoN84

Aha, I forgot to put these in my post. Why did I overlook those files when I know they exist... Must be the age. Wink

Well, I'm glad your problem is solved.

@Straatford87

Another solution to be catalogued. Standard smile

PS: @XairoN84: you may tag this post as solved.

Message 10 of 15 (10,875 Views)