there was a problem communicating with the Madden nfl servers

by GreeneMachine05

Original Post

there was a problem communicating with the Madden nfl servers

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone on here will be able to help me as I've been backward and forward with EA support on this issue for a while now and not getting a resolution.  They also advised for me to post my issue here as well.

I am playing Madden 19 on PC but when I open the game I get the error "There was a problem communicating with the Madden NFL servers. Please try again later". It has been like this for a few days now.

Some of the steps I have been through with EA support:

• Run origin as administrator
  • Flushed DNS
  • Restart PC
  • Restart modem
  • Disable anti-virus
  • Clear origin cache
  • Repair game files

The EA advisor I last spoke to said I should contact my ISP to open the required ports for the game.  I am also having an issue with the companion app as well and get the same error when I try to connect to my MUT team or franchise.  I have tried with both with wifi and my phones data.

Any help would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 8 (1,489 Views)

Re: there was a problem communicating with the Madden nfl servers

Community Manager

@GreeneMachine05 

Are you trying to play via Origin Access?

Do you have a connectivity issue with other games?

Try changing your DNS from your ISPs default to Google Public DNS:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,463 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks for the reply Barry. Yes I am using origin access.

At the moment I am only playing Madden.

I am using cloud flares 1.1.1.1 at the moment but have switched to Google's 8.8.8.8 but am still getting same issue.

Like I said I am getting the issue with the mobile app as well through my phone's data plan.

Cheers.
Message 3 of 8 (1,447 Views)

★ Novice

BUMP.

I have contacted my ISP and they have confirmed the ports as being open. All my other EA games (eg. BF5) are working so issue appears to only be madden. Still cannot use the companion app either Frown

Any help appreciated.

Message 4 of 8 (1,416 Views)

Community Manager

@GreeneMachine05 

Sorry your issue still seems to be present. Please allow us some time to attend to your current support case #48676439

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 8 (1,397 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Barry I haven't received any update to this ticket in months.
Message 6 of 8 (1,243 Views)

Community Manager

@GreeneMachine05 

If you visit Help.EA.com and select "Contact Us" at the top it should pull up your previous cases. Make sure the status of it isn't closed. If so, please resume the case and speak with our Live-Support team so they can look into this further for you.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,233 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Thank you for the reply BlueBerry. I've looked at my previous cases but it doesn't appear in there at all. I had reference to the case number and I contacted EA_Help on Twitter with the case number.

They were also unable to see any of the details in the case because it has been escalated to "Studio Expert" as my account is under studio investigation.

I am going to cancel my Origin access as I am unable to play my games and I assume this will impact Madden 20 when it is released also.
Message 8 of 8 (1,223 Views)