Re: stuck in initial descent

by luv2speed

Original Post

stuck in initial descent

★ Apprentice

PC, download, standard, with deluxe upgrade package.

Initial mission decent to the planet - descent continues in perpetuity, and there is zero in-game keyboard response. In-game mouse movement works, including right-click zoom function. There are no options to click on. I can alt-tab to other windows, etc, no other errors (so far).

No graphics, sound, or other gameplay performance issues.

Message 1 of 7 (3,296 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag we can look at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (3,290 Views)

★★★ Pro

If you are able to capture an example of this and post it on youtube or similar then link it, that will demonstrate your problem .

Message 3 of 7 (3,281 Views)

★ Apprentice

I ended up end-tasking the game, then started it and it started back at the beginning of the sequence, but it went through this time.

All Good - thanks.

Message 4 of 7 (3,256 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I'm having this same issue.

Tried reinstalling Origin and it didn't work. Ran the game a few times, with the same ending.

Only the mouse and the screen capture work.

Message 5 of 7 (1,597 Views)

@Dex1990s 

Try to disable "Origin in game" or the Steam overly. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 7 (1,584 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you still having the trouble?

If so - in order, until MEA works properly (Assuming you're running Windows 10):

1. What OS are you running and is it fully updated? (note - you may have to manually check for updates several times until after there aren't any updates applied you get an "up to date" response.

2. Verify that there is adequate drive space available.

3. Ensure that MEA isn't installed on mapped/network drive.

4.Run chkdsk  on all local hard drives/SSDs.

5.Run the system file checker utility.  to do this, Press the "Windows Key + S. At the bottom of the resulting popup screen where it says "Type here to search", enter "cmd", press Enter, then select the option to "run as administrator". at the command prompt, first type in "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and let it run. Depending on your system, it may take several minutes. Once it's done, then type in "sfc/scannow". These processes will scan for systemic discrepancies and (in most cases) correct them if any are found.

Note - After any one of these steps it's a good idea to restart your PC to ensure that any changes are properly registered in the current running session.

Message 7 of 7 (1,500 Views)