steam settings on apex keep getting reset

by ongr0dger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

steam settings on apex keep getting reset

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, I've been having a recent problem on apex (steam). It keeps reseting all settings except video, keybind, and sensitivity settings, unless changed by my brother. I've read the popular thread trying to fix this problem to no avail. I've tried switching back to origin to no avail. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (1,885 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: steam settings on apex keep getting reset

Community Manager

Hi @ongr0dger

Does your brother use a separate Windows user account? If so, do you know if your account in Windows is an Admin User? 

It sounds like something isn't allowing Apex Legends to save the files where it stores the in-game settings. I am curious if Windows might not be letting the changes save because you are not using an Admin User account. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,864 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @ongr0dger

Does your brother use a separate Windows user account? If so, do you know if your account in Windows is an Admin User? 

It sounds like something isn't allowing Apex Legends to save the files where it stores the in-game settings. I am curious if Windows might not be letting the changes save because you are not using an Admin User account. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,865 Views)

★ Novice

This may be the problem, I will try it today and contact you if it works.

Message 3 of 6 (1,838 Views)

Community Manager

@ongr0dger 

Sounds good! Let me know what you find out when you have the chance. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,810 Views)

★ Novice

So, the account that we both use does have administrative properties but it still countinues to reset them.

Message 5 of 6 (1,774 Views)

Community Manager

@ongr0dger 

Got it, thanks! You and your brother are both using the same Windows user account? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,694 Views)