Re: starwars battlefront

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

starwars battlefront

★★★ Newbie

I have severe problems with starwars battlefront and other games in my library Starwars Battlefront as soon as it is launched crashes to desktop  AND RESTARTS MY PC EVERY TIME I have uninstalled  and reinstalled the game numerous times ,I have ensured that windows is always up to date ,that my drivers are all up to date ,I have done disk checks ,defragged my system ,I have restored windows using system restore ,I have done everything physically possible to get the game to start with no avail .I chatted with someone from ea who suggested that I altered the DX12 SETTINGS in the origin folder from dx12=1 to dx12=0 but the file he mentioned is not in the origin folder.My grandadughter also uses my pc on a seperate account on Simms 4 and exactly the same thing happens ,she loads up the game and it crashes my pc and restarts.

I have attached dx diag and would appreciate your help.

Regards

Kevin.

Message 1 of 4 (464 Views)

Community Manager

@tutanhaken 

It looks like there is a new driver for your GTX 980. Can you update to the latest one and disable Origin In-Game and Cloud Saves in Origin?

• Select Origin in the top left corner of the client>Application Settings.

Nvidia Driver for GTX 980

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the latest drivers 431.36 and also actioned what you suggested.

The game at launch still crashes my computer ,unfortunately what you suggested has not been fruitfull unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4 (411 Views)

Community Manager

It could be a program running in the background that's conflicting with Origin, resulting in crashes. Try a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as administrator by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Do you have Origin In-Game disabled under your Origin client's Application Settings?

Do you have your power settings set to max under the Nvidia Control Panel and your Windows power settings?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (395 Views)