star wars squadrons black screen on start

by minijohn47

Original Post

Star wars squadrons black screen on start, previous fix doesn't work.

★★★ Novice

When I tried launching the game, the screen turned black and game didn't load. I found another question with the same problem, but the fix that was listed there didn't help. Anyone knows why this is happening and how can I fix it?

Message 31 of 72 (2,195 Views)

Re: star wars squadrons black screen on start

★★★ Newbie

same here. Same problem and NONE of these suggestions worked.

Message 32 of 72 (2,189 Views)

★ Novice

Omg this worked. Load it up to the black screen. ALT+ENTER. then hopefully for you it should show the game in a small window. After that I went to the screen setting then changed back to windowed borderless.

Hope this helps you as it did me.

I don't have time to play tonight but I hope it holds up

Message 33 of 72 (2,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, the solutions did work. After the Intro I just had to wit 10 min instead of 3 min. If you change all the thinks in the .exe just wait.

Message 34 of 72 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where can I find the game folder?

Message 35 of 72 (2,153 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried everything. Both me and my brother are having this issue also has anyone figured it out yet?

Message 36 of 72 (2,150 Views)

Re: Black screen at start

★★★ Newbie

i dont see the exe file. is that just the game file itself? if so, when i right click on it there is no combability tab. i would love to figure this out as all of my friends had no trouble starting and it sucks.

Message 37 of 72 (2,134 Views)

Re: Black screen at start

★★★★★ Novice

Wow!! It worked for me. Thank you :D

Message 38 of 72 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apology. After the posted fix you just have to wait 5 minutes at the black screen. I only waited 2 minutes before hitting alt+f4. So thats my bad. Still not a good look for AAA game, but it works.

Message 39 of 72 (2,038 Views)

squadrons black screen

★★★ Newbie

On Origin, start Squadrons, it plays upto the setting screen, then the EA, Lucas logos but after pressing any button to start all I get is a black screen and nothing else.

I have an up to date driver, I  have tried starting in windows and borderless mode and run at 1080, still no joy. Beginning to think I have wasted my money. Assistance is required.

Message 40 of 72 (1,797 Views)