Re: squadrons black screen

by Ryux123

Original Post

Origin, press any button to play, then black screen

★★★ Newbie

On Origin, start Squadrons, it plays upto the setting screen, then the EA, Lucas logos but after pressing any button to start all I get is a black screen and nothing else.

I have an up to date driver, I  have tried starting in windows and borderless mode and run at 1080, still no joy. Beginning to think I have wasted my money. Assistance is required.

Message 41 of 73 (1,774 Views)

Re: star wars squadrons black screen on start

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and none of these "solutions" worked for me!! I guess I have to wait until the game gets another patch!!

Message 42 of 73 (1,910 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PumaWithaLanyard Oh the game crashes to me as well, there is no time to do it... Thanks anyways, I hope you helped at least to other people on this thread.
Message 43 of 73 (1,940 Views)

Re: Black screen at start

★★ Novice

@lolly1003 wrote:

Open game folder, make a right click on game exe file, go to the compatibility tab, put a check on disable full screen optimization and then click on Change high DPI setting, put a check on both boxes(Program DPI and High DPI scaling override), now re launch the game.

Fantastic. This worked for me. Thank you so much. Thought I was going to have to get a refund.....

Message 44 of 73 (1,929 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening also on PS4,  I just see the checkered icon (loading) and it doesn't do anything even after an hour.

Message 45 of 73 (1,924 Views)

Re: squadrons black screen

★★ Novice
I don't even get to that point of seeing the Lucas logo. It's just a blank screen with that checkered loading icon. And we even bought a HOTAS for this... what a kill joy...
Message 46 of 73 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked perfectly! Thank you!

Message 47 of 73 (1,882 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you are not sure exactly what to check on this settings, this is the setup that solved it for me

starwarssquadrons.exe -> Properties

Change high DPI settings

Message 48 of 73 (1,846 Views)

Star Wars Squadrons: Black screen after launch

★★★ Newbie

When I start the game in steam I click on the launch game option which starts the launcher. When the game launches it immediately goes into a windowed black screen with no other stuff on it. I have tried the other solutions in the black screen on launch but they have not worked. I have reinstalled, verified integrity of game files, done that -windowed thing, forced dpi scaling, updated drivers, etc. but none of them worked. It is odd because I got it to run after updating to Windows 10 (was on 7) for this game. I played about 4 hours before deciding to play the next day and it stopped running.

System Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz  16Gb RAM

Message 49 of 73 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Me too".

Plays the EA logo thing, then the stuff about the alliance and empire, then black screen with cursor.

Tried everything listed in this thread, no change.

Windows 10

Not pleased.

Message 50 of 73 (1,803 Views)