star wars battlefront 2 launch problems

by Scbbbeli

Original Post

Accepted Solution

star wars battlefront 2 launch problems

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday i installed SWBF 2 via xbox game pass and ea desktop app, but i could not start it. Everytime i tried to launch it by pressing play on the Ea Desktop app, the app minimized for like 10 seconds then got fullscreen again and i could press play again- so nothing happened. Then i opened at the next launch my Task-Manager and then i saw that SWBF 2 is running for 10 seconds in the Background and then shuts down. After several times, i started it as a Administrator and i got another problem: ,,Check your connection or try again later´´ After that i looked on the internet for an solution for 4 hours but nothing worked for me. I hope i can get some help here.

Message 1 of 7 (1,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: star wars battlefront 2 launch problems

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Scbbbeli can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Star Wars: Battlefront 2and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Something is blocking Star Wars: Battlefront 2 from starting.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,675 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Scbbbeli can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Star Wars: Battlefront 2and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Something is blocking Star Wars: Battlefront 2 from starting.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 7 (1,676 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Hello was there ever a found fix for this issue because I have it! I've disabled discord overlay and it still has the same problem cheers man glad there's someone trying to help atleast
Message 3 of 7 (1,431 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @GearGearyGar, what's the issue you are having?

/Atic
Message 4 of 7 (1,404 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic So I recently gotten EA Play for game pass everything went well until I downloaded battlefront 2 game said launching then the entire app closed then reopened and there was no game I've tried other games as well to see if this was just battlefront 2 but it wasn't the entire store is broken for me I've done multiple things such as turning off discord overlay, app recovery and restarting the app nothing has worked glad you replied could you please help me?
Message 5 of 7 (1,383 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @GearGearyGar, have you tried what's been suggested above by me?

/Atic

Message 6 of 7 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Atic I've been having the same issue for a month or so now. I've uninstalled and re-installed the game on both Steam and EA, but nothing works. All it does is refresh the EA app. I ran a DxDiag (see attached).

Message 7 of 7 (754 Views)