Re: squadrons V

by Mettanine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

squadrons V

★★★ Newbie

I can play all my VR games on steam through the Oculus Link and also wirelessly through virtual desktop but i am having major issues playing Squadrons on Origin. The games starts ok with ,my link connection to my Quest 2 but when i click toggle VR I accept (spacebar) the new settings and then get asked to "press and hold (a button that i don't recognise but could be the Oculus button) to recalibrate my headset". I do see the virtual hanger around me but no matter what I press, nothing happens and the recalibrate message stays on the screen. I've tried all the buttons on both Quest controllers and a few tries pressing space, enter, tab etc on the keyboard. Really gutted i cant get into this game in VR. Tried borderless mode and full screen and with Oculus app on and off.

Message 1 of 12 (2,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

On my HOTAS X (which is pretty much identical to your 4), the buttons have numbers on them. It doesn't help much while in VR, but at least you can familiarize yourself with them beforehand.

Just in case they don't all have numbers and somebody has the same problem, it should be like this:

Stick:

1 - Trigger

2 - middle thumb button

3 - secondary trigger (top right of main trigger)

4 - right thumb button

Throttle:

5 - top thumb button

6 - second thumb button

7 - third thumb button

8 - bottom thumb button

9 - top index button

10 - bottom index button

Base:

11 - left base button

12 - right base button

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (1,961 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

What is the botton?

I not see very good the picture. Are you tried reset settings? Or repair game from Origin? O reinstall game from Origin? 

Message 2 of 12 (2,102 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Issue. Who knows what that key/button is?

Message 3 of 12 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

All I know is that it's usually the same key that calls up the menu in-game. Click for menu, hold for recalibrate.

Hope that helps...

Message 4 of 12 (2,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I believe it is the dash key on keyboard (-) or the start button on controllers.

You have to hold the key for a couple seconds and it should recalibrate.

Also VR controlers are not supported so you need to use a normal gamepad.

Message 5 of 12 (2,002 Views)

★★ Novice

Confirmed, it IS the minus (-) key. Thanks.
Why was that so hard?
Also painful, figuring out which numbers correspond to which buttons on a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4.
Took me a couple days, but finally got it. Why was there no diagram anywhere? Or did I miss it?

Message 6 of 12 (1,965 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

On my HOTAS X (which is pretty much identical to your 4), the buttons have numbers on them. It doesn't help much while in VR, but at least you can familiarize yourself with them beforehand.

Just in case they don't all have numbers and somebody has the same problem, it should be like this:

Stick:

1 - Trigger

2 - middle thumb button

3 - secondary trigger (top right of main trigger)

4 - right thumb button

Throttle:

5 - top thumb button

6 - second thumb button

7 - third thumb button

8 - bottom thumb button

9 - top index button

10 - bottom index button

Base:

11 - left base button

12 - right base button

Message 7 of 12 (1,962 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks. That's the conclusion I came to. Having your list could have saved me hours.

Message 8 of 12 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue with the exception that I DO know which button to push (number 11 on my HOTAS) but that doesn't help one bit. The prompt to push that button disapears but the VR is not calibrated and I still dont have VR.

Has anyone else encontered (and solved) this variant of the problem?

Message 9 of 12 (1,881 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure I follow. Make sure to HOLD the button, not just push it. Also, all it does is reset your forward orientation. It doesn't activate VR if it isn't already active. So you need to be in VR already before using it.

Message 10 of 12 (1,871 Views)