sound

by Ersals

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sound

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I run Battlefield I or V, I hear a strange sound from the game (like an open microphone). Strange sound stops when game startsin Battlefield I, but in case of Battlefield V it doesnt go away. Battlefield V is muted, I only hear this strange sound. In order to make sure this error happens in Battlefield games only, I opened a couple of different games and I had no issues. This problem is Battlefield specific. Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (250 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sound

Champion (Retired)

Make sure to setup your mic in Windows recording devices prior to launching the game. Also adjust volume to a acceptable level for you as the mic sometimes seems to be automatically open up to a minute before getting into a game in some occasions. Also Windows Listen too function must be off under recording device options to mute the microphone when its not used.

As test you can unplug your mic or choose an sound input source that does not actually capture sound at that time. Also reset sound options to default in the game or remove documents\battlefield v\settings folder and start fresh

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

All Replies

Re: sound

Champion (Retired)

Make sure to setup your mic in Windows recording devices prior to launching the game. Also adjust volume to a acceptable level for you as the mic sometimes seems to be automatically open up to a minute before getting into a game in some occasions. Also Windows Listen too function must be off under recording device options to mute the microphone when its not used.

As test you can unplug your mic or choose an sound input source that does not actually capture sound at that time. Also reset sound options to default in the game or remove documents\battlefield v\settings folder and start fresh

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)