sound issues

by Sy-P49

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sound issues

★★ Novice

Hello! After February update BF1 sound is messed up and renders the game unplayable. The question was asked on forums (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139638/sound-issues-after-update), so I'm copypasting it here since I have exact same issues:

So after the recent update, my sound is messed up. For starters, going into the main menu, the background music plays for around 10 seconds (very consistent) and then skips to the next track.
Ingame, sound is sometimes (rarely) normal, but again music skips or cuts out, sound gets muffled, parts like background explosions disappear, own gun fire sometimes ok, sometimes muffled to wird "pops". I rechecked the game integrity, reinstalled my audio driver, disabled any other sound devices on my computer besides the one i'm using. Any Ideas?

On windows 10. asrock ab350 onboard audio, latest drivers.

My audiocard is Realtek though. I tried everything except reinstalling the OS: tried different audio drivers, reinstalled BF1, deleted all local settings from my user folder, reinstalled graphics drivers, was playing around with process priority - nothing helps. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (689 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sound issues

★★ Novice

I found and resolved the issue! So if you have a Ryzen CPU and B350 Mobo and you OC -> make sure you don't OC and turn off OC Genie in BIOS.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (784 Views)

All Replies

Re: sound issues

★★ Novice

I found and resolved the issue! So if you have a Ryzen CPU and B350 Mobo and you OC -> make sure you don't OC and turn off OC Genie in BIOS.

Message 2 of 2 (785 Views)