since season 9 started I have had horrible packet loss and can only play arenas

by Anthro-vera

Original Post

Accepted Solution

since season 9 started I have had horrible packet loss and can only play arenas

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since Season 9 started I have had constant packet loss to the point where trios is unplayable.  I can play Arenas for some reason with little or no issue.  I have tried everything and can´t seem to make the game work.

Here is my UO trace if that helps.

Message 1 of 7 (802 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: since season 9 started I have had horrible packet loss and can only play are

Champion

Hello and thanks for reaching out, could you please answer the following info:

• Internet speed
  • What OS / Build do you run?
  • All drivers updated?
  • Any 3rd party software running like Anti-virus, discord etc?
  • Do you or any other member in the household watch youtube, streams or downloading while playing?
  • Have you tried to repair the game or clear game cache, Read this to know how: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
  • Have you tried using a public DNS to see if this resolve the issue?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (759 Views)

All Replies

Re: since season 9 started I have had horrible packet loss and can only play are

Champion

Hello and thanks for reaching out, could you please answer the following info:

• Internet speed
  • What OS / Build do you run?
  • All drivers updated?
  • Any 3rd party software running like Anti-virus, discord etc?
  • Do you or any other member in the household watch youtube, streams or downloading while playing?
  • Have you tried to repair the game or clear game cache, Read this to know how: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
  • Have you tried using a public DNS to see if this resolve the issue?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (760 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!  Thanks for the tips. It was my ISP and now the issue seems resolved.  I live in Ecuador so the closest server is South Carolina.  On a good day I can get 60 ping.  Any chance of EA putting a server in Mexico or Northern South America?

Message 3 of 7 (719 Views)

★ Apprentice

What did you tell your isp? I might have to do the same..

Message 4 of 7 (591 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Anthro-vera How do you do that? ( I have high packet loss too)
Message 5 of 7 (576 Views)

★ Apprentice

did you figure it out bro?

Message 6 of 7 (434 Views)

★★ Novice

HI!  I called my ISP and told them that I was getting packet loss.  Finally, they admitted to me that they were having technical issues.  After some days later it got better and now I get almost no packet loss.  It was not anything to do with my setup but I did a couple of things that helped a little in improving a more stable ping.

I used a new DNS server and tried various ones to see which one was best.

Also, I ported to the Apex servers through Windows Firewall. 

Seemed to have helped a bit but not transformative or anything.  I live in South America and the closest server is South Carolina so my ping is never under 70.

On Valorant I get like 50 ping so why is Apex so bad?

That said with 70 ping and no packet loss Apex is still playable and fun.  Arenas is better than Battle Royale. I have tried Valorant, Destiny 2, and Dirty Bomb but these games are boring compared to Apex.

Even dying in Apex is more fun than shooting bots and moving around like a rusted robot.

Message 7 of 7 (373 Views)