server timeout

by BananaMaann

Original Post

Re: server timeout

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, I believe I have found I fix for FX6300 users.
I was getting disconnected from the servers and kicked out to the main menu every 2 minutes.
The error message was: "Connection to the server timed out. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information".
After applying the fixes bellow I was able to play the game without any crashes, freezes or connection issues.

Here is what I did:

1. Right-click Apex Legends shortcut and click Properties. Then go on to the Compatibility tab and tick the box "Run this program as an administrator".
Open the Security tab, click on the "Edit" button and "Allow" "Full control" to your main User Names.
(Repeat the same steps for Origin's shortcut).

2. Download the application priority file that I've created and apply the "ApexLegendsHighPriority" reg file.
(You can always revert it back to the default priority by applying the "ResetDefaultPriority" Reg file).
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fs3a7a9ij7a9ogb/Apex_Legends_Optimization.zip/file

3. Launch Apex Legends and under settings set the game to "Fullscreen", set V-sync to "Adaptive" and GPU VRAM to the value recommended by the game. Once that is done close Apex Legends and quit Origin. (I know V-Sync On is not ideal but at least you will be able to play the game without getting disconnected).

4. Open Origin and use Apex's shortcut to launch the game as Administrator. Before playing Apex Legends make sure any other unnecessary programs are closed.

That's it. I hope that helps guys. Sorry for my bad english :/

Message 181 of 296 (3,410 Views)

Re: CONNECTION TIME OUT!

★★ Novice

Don’t know if you’ll see this EA but me and a buddy have a theory that it is certain CPUs that aren’t supported well. I have this problem and have an amd 6300 and I’ve read around and a lot of other people having this issue have it as well. I’m not sure what the problem on console is but for pc it seems older cpus that MANY people still use and work fine just simply aren’t supported. 

Message 182 of 296 (3,262 Views)

★★ Apprentice

still doesnt work for me. Usually happens when I finish a match it disconnects me and says failed to connect to ea servers

Message 183 of 296 (3,159 Views)

★ Guide

that fix didnt work immediately crashed in the menus

Message 184 of 296 (3,139 Views)

★★ Novice
For those of you still having issues with freezing, try playing solo. I had this issue for the last 2 days and then finally tried playing a few solo games, without my two friends (who live out of state) and honestly I haven’t crashed out of a game in more than 20 matches. Like it still crashes in the main menu a bit but that’s it. Definitely just an issue from their servers
Message 185 of 296 (2,987 Views)

★★ Apprentice

^^^ my man is right - the fx 6300 is a tank of a cpu.

It isn't the issue. Neither is playing on an RX 580 that they have said is inadequate.

In fact I have a 6300 in my streaming PC with an RX 580 8gb card and I receive a constantly 165-240 FPS - at a core clock of 3.8ghz (not even turbo speeds). 

Temps never hit above 35c on the cpu / gpu never above 55c. Game still gets disconnected from the server sometimes just at the settings menu. 

Message 186 of 296 (2,819 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Since the majority of us (so it seems) have fx-6300s, they're focusing their search there. I've heard people with different (both worse and significantly better) setups have the same issue so idk what to say. My current method is to configure my computer in DMZ and turn off my firewall whilst using the admin for Origin and the game. I can sometimes get a game in before the freezing and timing out happens.
Message 187 of 296 (2,770 Views)

★★★ Novice
Bump
Message 188 of 296 (2,607 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
The devs are aware of this thread. All we gotta do now is wait, give them as much info as possible, and keep this thread up.
Message 189 of 296 (2,595 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im in the same boat with a 6300 and a gtx 680. bloody bugs

Message 190 of 296 (2,544 Views)