Re: Constant Error: Connection to Server Times out! Apex Legends

by Downfall_NW

Original Post

Constant Error: Connection to Server Times out! Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

All day I haven’t been able to get through a single game, barely make it through the drop, and then I get kicked out back to the main menu. Apex is the only game doing it. I’ve tried restarting my router and also deleting then redone loading the game. What will help?

the error I’m receiving is: connection to server timed out  

My ping to the server is 27 with 0 packet loss

Message 281 of 296 (1,954 Views)

★★★ Novice

is this issues even being worked on their are so many of us that can't play yet there is a new gun and stuff already!!!!

Message 282 of 296 (1,797 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I can play two matches at most and then it starts kicking me like crazy. Sometimes I have to restart the PC and maybe MAYBE it will let me play 2 times more. It's the first one of the day the only match that is going to be smooth, but after that it gets worse. Also the peak hours affect the issue even more.
Message 283 of 296 (1,666 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Have you guys tried the audio service (ie disabling in game voice chat) method? It made the situation 90% better for me
Message 284 of 296 (1,663 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ShadonicX7543 if you're referring to the process of restarting the windows audio endpoint builder/windows audio that's been floating around, I have tried that trick many many times. The first time I tried it, it worked just fine for a couple of hours. However, after attempting to group with friends, the problems kicked back up again and have been consistent since. It's hard to tell though, for me, if it's not timing out, its a CTD. But i've had success, albeit limited, with that method.

Apex has already burned out a hard drive for me (the crashes drove me to move it to my SSD, which was apparently at the end of it's life, and put a dagger through it. Not actually Apex's fault, but i'll believe in voodoo at this point if it makes a difference for me. :P )

Anywho i'm throwing my hat into this ring as well, Also running an AMD FX6350. Run the gauntlet on the stock standard fixes, router configurations, admin privileges, and general technomancy. Same issue as most; freeze mid game, disconnection, and timeout message. Happens at game menu as well, more consistently than not when in a party. I've given up playing with friends, as it just leads to hours of frustration. Currently about to attempt the core disables to see what that does.

As a final detail, I was lucky enough to have pretty much zero problems with Apex for a week after installing, about a week ago, these issues started popping up.

Eastern Washington state, Centurylink ISP, PC.

Message 285 of 296 (1,258 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Limiting cores made the game ~85% more stable for me (although not too good performance) and audio made it 70% more stable. I use audio as my main method but I still get frequent sudden CTD with no error and general stuttering and enough instability that I'm just gonna wait until the next patch comes out and wait until then to try more. At this point we just gotta wait for them to fix these issues. I've done enough troubleshooting for them.

Discord has a giant mega fix Google Doc page which may help some (but boils down to what I used anyways)
Message 286 of 296 (1,213 Views)

Community Manager

@Downfall_NW 

Have you tried updating your GPU driver yet? I see that you have one from 2017 and it looks like they released one on 2/25/2019.

AMD Drivers

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-560

Blueberry.png
Message 287 of 296 (1,182 Views)

Re: server timeout

★★★★★ Apprentice
It doesnt work, the problem must be fixed on a patch or on server end
Message 288 of 296 (1,109 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry I have not but will now do so, however, last night, when trying the reduction of my cores, I did not have any more issues with connectivity. In fact, my connection improved tenfold, hits registering a thousand times more consistently, and not having any latency issues. Did not experience the connection timeout once in four hours of play. Which I will be watching for again this evening. I'm not 100% familiar with the process of enabling/disabling cores through msconfig, but when I went to change the active cores, I found the number of cores my system has been booting with was 1 of 6. Maybe because I recently had a fresh install of Windows 10, but it made me feel like an idiot nonetheless. My main issue is now consistent crashes to desktop, the ones with no error message, a separate issue, but one that double checking my drivers will be a first step towards solving.

At this point, my issue with the Connection to Server time outs seems to be fixed by the aforementioned setting of my processing cores to 4 of 6, specifically using the method outlined by @ShadonicX7543 through MSconfig and not through BIOS.

Now I will throw my hat into the ring of attempting to fix my CTD's. Thank you all for your help, I hope this helps others try this method and hopefully they have similar success.

Message 289 of 296 (1,049 Views)

Constant disconnects on menu

★ Novice

Ok so im basically brand new to the game and got it because some friends play it, Having bad experience so far =.=

I downloaded the game completely fresh and was excited to play, sat in the menu for about 2 mins doing setting and what not and my game froze. Then i got a timeout and had to reenter the game (ok weird) then i go back in to try and read up on the char's and it happens again and again and again i am unable to be in the menu at all because i keep getting constant timeouts every 20 or 30 seconds and im not sure whats happening, Ive deleted a file from the CFG. ive changed it to admin and set disable fullscreen optimizations but nothings working.

I AM ABLE TO PLAY IF I QUE INSTANTLY INTO A GAME

i will not be DC'd at all during the game but as soon as i come back into the menu if i wait at all and dont instantly reque i get dc'd

error message attached

Message 290 of 296 (845 Views)