Original Post

Re: server timeout

★★★ Newbie

* this * game

Message 221 of 296 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Still having this issue. I've forwarded every port related to EA and PC, as well as Respawn/Titanfall/Titanfall2. This is getting absolutely absurd. Some days, I have 1 or 2, and other's it's non stop micro-freezes (sometimes 5-6 per match).

i9-9900K
GTX 1080
32GB Ram
brand new Win 10 Pro install
1gig internet connection

Message 222 of 296 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

same issue as everyone else but i do not plan on messing with my bios to play a single game as fun as this game is i will just play something else till it gets fixed

amdfx-6300 

1050TI

16gb ram

500mb internet

Message 223 of 296 (890 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Big facts I feel that if a game requires you to change bios it ain't worth playin
Message 224 of 296 (788 Views)

Confirmed Workaround/Fix

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Alright guys well I can definitely confirm that there's a working fix. Reducing your cores from 6 to 4 does, in fact, work. But, there's a much, much easier and safer method than doing BIOS. If you go into msconfig --> boot --> advanced options --> number of processors: set to 4, it'll stop the time outs and freezes for most of you. It does require you to restart your computer to apply, but you can easily change it back once you're done having an Apex session. Now, it will impact performance a bit, but setting the texture streaming budget to none will (as well as with just lowering settings in genera) give you very playable FPS. I get a stable and consistent 50fps at my low end, and up to stable 60 as well.

For reference, I have:

FX-6300

GTX 1050ti

8gb DDR3 Memory

doodoo motherboard

I'm also using process lasso set to have r5apex.exe induce performance mode and for it to streamline my processes as well as Razer Cortex in order to give me FPS boosts.

(p.s. I heard using process lasso to force set Origin to 4 cores will make Apex run in 4 cores as well if launched from Origin. Can someone test this? It'd potentially give a really low compromise fix)

[pps you have to close as many background tasks as possible - discord calls didn't even work properly while in a match for me]

Message 225 of 296 (706 Views)

Re: Confirmed Workaround/Fix

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ShadonicX7543didnt work

Ryzen 5 2600

Gtx 970

16gb RAM

M.2 SSD

Message 226 of 296 (659 Views)

★ Apprentice
Limiting my cores didn't do anything for my freezing, just limited my performance.
Message 227 of 296 (608 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
same here, sad its a week from day 1 and they dont have patched this errors
Message 228 of 296 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It seems especially bad today. micro freezes at least 6 times a match now. I'm beyond frustrated with this bullcrap. I just want to play... And not screw over my pals.

I also don't at all understand the point of this section, as it seems completely ignored by EA/Respawn. 

Message 229 of 296 (568 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ShadonicX7543 did nothing for me 2, still only able to play one game every 15 minutes
Message 230 of 296 (541 Views)