Re: ridiculous lag

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

ridiculous lag

★★ Novice

Hi, when I first downloaded apex legends I could run the game at max graphics settings and still get 60+ fps. but more recently (mostly today) the lag has gotten REALLY bad, to an unplayable point. Whenever I get shot at the game freezes for a second and when it comes back I'm dead. I turned down all my graphics settings down all the way but that didn't help. Anyone know a fix to this? (my graphics card is 1050Ti if that helps).

Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

Community Manager

Have you tried capping the frame rate and monitor refresh rate?

Go to origin->game library->right click on Apex ->Game properties->advanced->and put in Command line arguments: +fps_max 100. (You can try setting it lower too (90, 80, etc.)

@SpitzEasy wrote:

"So, a fix that legit worked for me, 144hz monitor RX 480, I capped my fps in command line, +fps_max 110. This fixed the crashing for me, every few games I upped it, eventually ending at 135, crash free after probably 20+ hours of gameplay. BUT, if I uncap fps at +fps_max 0, crashes resume."

"This worked for me too. After the patch, I crashed 3 times in a row after launching from the ship. After capping my fps at 110, I was able to play 3 games without crashing"

Anyone coming in, please try this. It fixed my crashes, try just capping your FPS with command line, +fps_max 100, try capping at 100 or 110, if that works, increase incrementally e.g. if you run 144hz increase to ~130-135. I was only crashing on uncapped FPS, capping FPS completely fixed crashes for me.

TRY FPS CAP AT 100 - 110!!!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-without-error/m-p/7526790/highlight...

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

★ Pro
I have the exact same graphics card. More often than not is is caused by server side lagging. I just leave the game and try a new matchmaking till i find a more stable match.
Message 3 of 3 (190 Views)