Re: recommended spec but (very) low fps

by MootBurrito11

Original Post

recommended spec but (very) low fps

★★★ Newbie

Hi all!

Got the game since release and used to play on high/ultra settings. 

Now   fps are down to 15-25, sometime worse and the game is unplayable on  low/medium settings.

My spec are those recommended:

gtx 1060

i7-7700

16gb ram

All drivers are up to date and tried different  settings  in nvidia control panel and in game (following the guides  on this  and others forums) but no  solution. 

Yesterday i did a system restore (factory settings), updated all drivers, swtiched  alimentation settings to max performance, cleaned  everything (i though it  could be a  cooling issue, seems i was wrong: GPU is 57 celsius, CPU is 73-75), reinstalled  the game. Same problem.

CPU usage is 25, GPU 15-30%. Some maps runs at 15 fps or lower (hamada), some 23 fps (panzerstorm) and other are just unplayable (marita and rotterdam). Last time i played conquest on marita and got 19-25 fps, totally unstable. 

Now i don't know what else i could  do to run this game smoothly but maybe  there is something i am missing or  doing wrong becouse i don't understand how i used to play  with high settings   and now with the same asus rog i can't even do a kill.

Can you please help?

Message 1 of 4 (332 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MootBurrito11 I did a write up on this some time ago if not done already please go read it fully and check all settings for your system ... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907 

Message 2 of 4 (317 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@2042isNotBF yeah that was the first guide i followed for the settings, i did everything you wrote, ofc i don't have RTX. Still no solution, average fps is 20, unplayable in everyfirefight.
Message 3 of 4 (308 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MootBurrito11 Sorry it was no help for you sadly the last update in BFv made more issues for most everyone it seems in one way or another. The most you can try is a clean boot to rule out a program on your PC helping to make the problem and check settings and this you have done. As well as run repair game but thinking you did try all this already.

Try a clean boot : run a Clean Boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929135 >This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Below are programs known to make issues in BF

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gigs ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service...ROG Game First , Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service , Fraps, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, RivaTuner , ASRock eXtreme Tuner, Steam, Skype, aero ,Overwolf extra program in teamspeak . And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF.

Message 4 of 4 (298 Views)