Re: r5apex.exe never exits and cannot be killed

by trisscar1212

Original Post

r5apex.exe never exits and cannot be killed

★ Novice

Hello everyone!

I've been fighting a hard bug lately. On my system, whenever I play Apex for at least one game and then attempt to exit, the game never fully exits. It appears to exit, as the window goes away, but the r5apex.exe process stays in the task manager. I cannot kill it either (through elevated prompts or anything, it simply will not exit).

I have tried:

- checking for crash logs in appdata/EAC

- repairing EAC

- Uninstalling and repairing Apex

- Reinstalling windows

And a number of other things. Nothing seems to quite solve it. The only way to make the process exit is by forcibly shutting down my pc by holding the power button.

I've tried reaching out to EAC support but they haven't responded either. If anyone has ideas for how to help, that would be most appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (561 Views)

★ Novice

I have done some other testing to make sure something else odd isn't happening. I tried:

• Updating BIOS
  • Updating chipset and network drivers
  • Updating graphics drivers

All have not solved the issue. I still consistently have the process get stuck after playing a game and attempting to exit, with no log created.

Message 2 of 3 (518 Views)

★ Novice

Bump, still no resolution to this issue. EAC support was contacted over two weeks ago now, no response, tried twitter and reddit as well as here.

I ran processmonitor and saw no issues / failures as well, in both r5apex.exe and EasyAntiCheat.exe/sys.

Message 3 of 3 (479 Views)