"failed to get token from origin" and origin keeps going offline and online.....

by SiirLagALot

Original Post

Re: "failed to get token from origin" and origin keeps going offline a

Community Manager

@SiirLagALot 

Thanks for sending over that UO Trace. The main thing that stands out to me is that it looks like there are some hops that are timing out. This could point to ports that need to be opened, or it could be an issue with security software restricting the connection. 

Have you tried setting up an exception for Origin and Apex Legends in your security software to see if that makes any difference at all? If it's not allowing those connections that could be why you're seeing that error. 

Also when you have a chance make sure that you have all the proper ports open that Origin and Apex Legends would need in order to connect. You can find more details on these ports on the EA Help website

Let me know how it goes when you can. Thanks again. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 18 (383 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent I don't have an antivirus and I've disabled windows defender. How do I open a port, I use USB tethering to play
Message 12 of 18 (376 Views)

Community Manager

@SiirLagALot wrote:
@EA_Kent I don't have an antivirus and I've disabled windows defender. How do I open a port, I use USB tethering to play

Ports would need to be opened through your router/modem if you're on a local network. Are you connecting via mobile data through tethering? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 18 (354 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent yeah
Message 14 of 18 (325 Views)

Community Manager

@SiirLagALot 

I see. Unfortunately I don't really think it would be possible to make any configuration changes in that case. Unfortunately using a mobile connection doesn't really allow us to do much more troubleshooting. I understand it may not be possible, but if there's any way to use a local network instead of mobile data I would highly recommend it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 18 (303 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent Now there's another problem, the game is now stuttering, without any red symbols on the top right. Started a day ago, I legit wanna give up so badly
Message 16 of 18 (283 Views)

Community Manager

@SiirLagALot 

Have you tried repairing the game since these stutters started happening? If there's an issue with corrupted data in the game files that could help. 

If you right-click on Apex Legends in the Origin library you should see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know how it goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 17 of 18 (263 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent It didn't work, but thanks for your time really appreciate it.
Message 18 of 18 (255 Views)