"The videocard has been physsicaly removed from the system". DirectX Error.

by Evgeny8Ru

Original Post

"The videocard has been physsicaly removed from the system". DirectX Error.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I run the battlefield 1, this error appears.
I changed the driver, it didn't help. The card works fine with all other games (check in the Rise of the Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Need For Speed 2015). When the game was beta, everything was fine too. I played at the highest in ~ 50 + FPS.

Message 1 of 5 (2,153 Views)

Re: "The videocard has been physsicaly removed from the system". Direc

★★★ Expert

First your AMD drivers need to be updated and, hopefully that will allow the crad to report the correct information. You can do that form the AMD website.

Display Memory: Unknown
   Dedicated Memory: n/a
      Shared Memory: n/a

Also, once you get new drivers, make sure the game is using the AMD card, your intel card won't be able to handle the game for long.

using AMD Switchable Graphics.

Message 2 of 5 (2,121 Views)

★★ Novice

I have installed the latest version of AMD driver and the latest available driver for Intel Graphics. Display memory can be unknown because AMD graphics card is not responsible for displaying everything. It activated only when I run the applications referred for it. Attaches report AIDA64.

Message 3 of 5 (2,112 Views)

Re: "The videocard has been physically removed from the system". Direc

★★★★★ Expert

Differences in the way countries "count" dates can ve confusing.  Over here, 4-10-2016 is April 10th, other parts of the world it's October 4th,  but you'll probably have to set the game and the Catalyst Center to use only the Radeon when you want to play this game.  You didn't have it set as the primary device when you ran the DxDiag report. 

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Chip name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
           DAC type: Internal
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 04.04.2016 10:00:00, 10946840 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
          Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7970M
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6800)
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 04.10.2016 10:00:00, 1573832 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Personally, I am of the opinion that a laptop is a terrible game platform.  The keyboards are awful and they are ecological nightmares.  We're talking about GAMES, therefore the primary video is the GAME device.  You should be on the main power, not any battery for gaming, so "saving power" is a dead end alleyway. 

Message 4 of 5 (2,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you performed a clean reinstallation of the graphics driver? That usually fixes this error. Use DDU to perform a clean installation.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

you'll probably have to set the game and the Catalyst Center to use only the Radeon when you want to play this game.

I think that may already be the case since the error message refers to AMD's 16.10.1 driver.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (2,096 Views)