Re: "Server Disconnected"

by Chromosome420

Original Post

"Server Disconnected"

★★★ Novice

So after the new Pacific patch, I have been unable to play the game (big surprise).
I've contacted support numeral times regarding the issue, but the problem still persists.
These are the things I've tried doing;

- Rebooting router/modem

- Adding the game and Origin as an exception to my firewall

- Tried turning off my firewall

- Clean booting my pc

- Clearing cache and flushing DNS

- Running UOT -> no packet loss
- Trying the basic, and advanced troubleshooting steps

After all this I still can't manage to get into a game. The problem is not on my end. I have a very stable connection and all other games I play are fine.

Now to explain what is happening. So I click on Multiplayer and go to the suggested content (this time it's Breakthrough on Iwo Jima).
It joins a server and I'm in the loading screen. While in the loading screen I can see that a squad is being formed. But after 10 or so seconds I get disconnected and brought back to the Multiplayer tab. All this before I'm even in the game.

So since support is not helping me, and because I'm not really in the mood for waiting 2 hours to get live chat to come back to me, I thought I'd try here.

All the help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (350 Views)

★★★ Novice

So here's an update.

When trying to join a game from the server list I get an error;

"Server Disconnected. Connection to EA Online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for the game"

That's pretty much nonsense. I have a very steady (Wired) connection of 250mbit/s down and 25mbit/s up. With a ping of 8ms.

What's going on here??

Message 2 of 5 (340 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Chromosome420  Thanks for the breakdown! 

Do you killer network or OneDrive on your PC, can you try to turn them off. 

Also worth moving the Battlefield V document folder to desktop and then star the game up. 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 5 (311 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic , thanks for the reply.

Neither of the 2 are active at all. I've also tried moving the Document folder onto my desktop.

Sadly, still the same problem.

Message 4 of 5 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bump..

Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)