Re: "Poor Network"

by RgrMike

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I'm having exactly the same problem.
On almost every second match I get a constant "Poor Network" notification and heavy lagging throughout the entire match.

I have a constant 5G Wifi network running on 100/100 Mbps with 0% loss (tests done on the smartphone I'm playing).

If it helps, my id is: NAG25#smppzjj5.

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 36 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm getting most of the time "poor network" with Rivals while all my other games and apps connect witout any problem (no apps are running on the background). It's become really discouraging. My wifi has 123 mbps of download and 10 mbps for upload, in case this is relevant. Can you pls advise?

Message 12 of 36 (1,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Totally agree, this has only started happening in the last week or so. My LTE connection used to be more stable than WiFi, but now both are pretty bad. I get frequent disconnects, sometimes the game totally freezes, and I get lots of connection problem messages. My connection is fine, and I usually stop other apps in the background. Please try to find a solution as it is almost unplayable.
Message 13 of 36 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Having this problem daily! So unplayable. Should get the battle not counted if network error occurs. Even disconnects from the game totally. On NBN with 70Mb/s connection WiFi. Not good enough! Is this just because I’m in Australia?

Message 14 of 36 (1,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have never seen a game where the network performance is as shitey as with C&C Rivals. Just one minute ago, I was standing literally next to my router, playing over Wifi, and the game's responses to my inputs were laggy. Nobody else was using this network at the time. Shaking my head how this is even possible. :-(

Seriously. Fix this. NOW. I have spent money on this game, but I will completely stop doing so if you don't get your act together.

Message 15 of 36 (1,664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What’s the IP address of the server we are accessing in Australia? I want to see PING and packet loss. This is just making me more and more frustrated. Some games no lag whatsoever. Most games now lag and poor network. With some just disconnected. How can this be so bad now?

Message 16 of 36 (1,585 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have done some research and found what I will term an exploit.

I just finished a match with a player from Korea. The match had connection issues for the duration of the match. I was on LTE with full bars on Verizon - something like 50mb with low latency. I would see the other player being able to move units while my screen was frozen.

On the other side I can connect on wifi with one bar - thus I am causing the latency. I win these matches regularly and I believe the system gets out of sync with the clients - but it favors the high latency client.

This is in addition to lots of general latency issues with the new update doing things like opening crates that lags out - I have to kill the client to clear the issues. I also see times where the client won't connect for hours at a time.

I have checked my network at the same time and the connection speed and latency are working well.

In summary - lots of quality issues since the new team took over.

Message 17 of 36 (1,571 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@RgrMike wrote:

In summary - lots of quality issues since the new team took over.

Um, what new team? 🤔

Message 18 of 36 (1,557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has become beyond a joke. Can’t even play a war game event without losing due to network issues. I won 5 games in a road in Cabals event. Then every match after that was network issue and disconnected from the game mid battle. 

Message 19 of 36 (1,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

And now just poor network followed by “you have been disconnected from the game” with game crash. WTH are you doing about this EA?

and then it goes down as a loss! Full points! Down the drain!

disgraceful 

but yet, leave it for 10 minutes. And then not network errors for a couple of matches. So inconsistent. So much so, that players from my alliance are no longer playing anymore. And I’m thinking the same. It’s just not fun anymore. 

Message 20 of 36 (1,528 Views)