"Player is currently not available for contract re-negotiation" (career mode)

by dodofifa18

Original Post

"Player is currently not available for contract re-negotiation" (career mode)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? not applicable
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Negotiate a contract with one of your players and fail in meeting an agreement. The agent will decide to look elsewhere and leave the negotiation room
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the negotiation has ended, I am unable to try to negotiate with the same player again. The message "Player is currently not available for re-negotiation"!
What should be happening instead? Allow me to negotiate with players in my own squad!!!!

OK do EA actually know how football management and contract renewals work?  Seriously this is an absolute joke!!!

I have attempted to negotiate a contract with a players in my squad and failed to reach an agreement.  The agent gave the same old tired speech "we'll decide to look elsewhere" and leaves the negotiation room.  I now cannot offer this player another contract.  

Now, it may come as a surprise to EA, but when footballers want a new contract, they dont just give their club ONE CHANCE then refuse to engage any further!  Look at Ozil!  Its taken a year or so and he's eventually got what he wanted! 

Why on FIFA then, do managers get one chance to speak to their own player??? then the player carries on playing for the club but wont discuss a contract (and presumably leave on a free). 

Its a f*ing joke!  This isnt how football works.  Instead of these stupid Mass Effect/ Pokemon wanabe negotiation scenes why dont you spend five minutes looking at how football contracts work!

Message 1 of 1 (3,606 Views)