Re: Frame freezing and "loading and compiling shaders" in startup Apex

by xiopiyeotl

Original Post

Re: Loading And Compiling Shaders 6814 4:141...

★★★★★ Expert
@Popa2caps Yeah, it takes about 5 minutes to do. I tried verifying files but it's still there.

Plus, when you ready up do you get 'Loading Worlds Edge' which also lasts exact 5 minutes for BR? And when Arena map changes, it does the same thing for every Arena map. Note that this only started after S10 update.
Message 11 of 31 (3,380 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Message 12 of 31 (3,372 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Popa2caps I tried searching for this issue and seems like it's just me. 20 minutes total gone just sitting there :/
Message 13 of 31 (3,369 Views)

ask a question

★★ Novice

Do someone get the same problem as me when you have to download "loading and compiling shaders" at the main menu over and over again? like when you finish the download and then close the app then open it back you still get the same download as before. And it happens every time i close and open the game. Anyone know hot to fix this? 

Message 14 of 31 (3,339 Views)

Re: "Loading and Compiling Shaders" every single time I run the game

Community Manager

Thanks for posting that workaround @5ilverwolf! We've passed these reports and information along, appreciate it everyone. 

Mako.png
Message 15 of 31 (3,322 Views)

Loading and Compiling Shaders Issue

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I open the game, I have to sit through the "Loading and Compiling Shaders" every time. I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Is there anyone who have figured this out to help? 

Message 16 of 31 (3,305 Views)

Re: "Loading and Compiling Shaders" every single time I run the game

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

same, new for since season 10, friend of mine also having same issue

Launch game after title screens, select server/data center and click to "continue", then I get "Loading and compiling shaders ***/6814 (4:***:*)" after each game launch, does it every time, new to me since season 10
after getting into lobby after this long load time of the shaders, I select any game mode and it just states it "loading *mapname*" and unable to join a game left 10+min no change

Message 17 of 31 (3,289 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@BaldWraithSimp 

Oh, Wow, 20 mins? Mine would be around 5 mins, but once I compiling I'm good unless I close the game, I have to do it again.

Message 18 of 31 (3,277 Views)

Frame freezing and "loading and compiling shaders" in startup Apex S10 PC

★★★ Apprentice

Every time I start the game I get a "loading and compiling shaders" message and it takes a long time to load. I followed these instructions, which consist in re-installing the graphics card driver and disabling and re-enablin "shader cache", and the problem got fixed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-Legends-Loading-and-Compiling-shaders/m-p/10569739#M...

When I start the game the loading is speeded up alot or the message doesn't even show.

The problem is, the game is not running well and I get constant freezes. In combat, it gets worse. I have friends complaining about the same issue. I recorded a video showing it:

https://youtu.be/lmdfDfkyUTA

I followed this instruction to solve the freezing screen, which consists in using a tool to completely remove the graphics card driver and re-install it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Important-Nvidia-Update-419-35-The-HUNG-Fix/td-p/7631857

I've installed nVidia GeForce Experience and used it to install the graphics card driver to its latest version. It not only didn't solve the problem, but also got back to the "loading and compiling shaders" when opening the game. 

I just bought a new motherboard, processor and ram memory. Also changed my coolers. The graphics card is less than a year old, the whole system is new. Specs:

Asus EX-B460M-V5
Intel i5 10400F
nVidia GTX 1650
8 GB RAM DDR4

Message 19 of 31 (3,274 Views)

Re: Frame freezing and "loading and compiling shaders" in startup Apex

★★ Guide

"loading and compiling shaders" when opening the game.  the same for me after s10 update

Message 20 of 31 (3,248 Views)