"Group playing" issue in star wars battlefront 2

by buttkiss588

Original Post

"Group playing" issue in star wars battlefront 2

★ Novice

I checked the message board today and my post I made about this problem isn't there!!! God knows why?? No one from EA even sent an inbox saying what happened to it. Anyway, I'm posting it again...

Please can someone in technical support contact me directly unless someone else has a fix (but I doubt they will.

I keep getting kicked from GA games in BF2 and then at the top left corner it always says "group playing". And then after that it indicates to click the right joystick "to join". However I am not in a party or group, and there seems to be no way of leaving this phantom group other than to wait for about 2-3 minutes, and then I am given the option to join again. Usually though, the same thing will continue to happen unless I leave the game alone for about half an hour to an hour. 

This seems to happen a lot more frequently after I have left actual groups with real players in them. But I haven't come up with a time frame of how long after I've been in a group as to when it will happen. Because it doesn't always happen and it seems to happen quite randomly. 

Also it begins only at the end of games, at the results screen. But after that, it won't even let me get into a game before it occurs. The load screen for the GA map starts, and about 10-20 seconds later it will get out of that game and start the loading screen for the main menu, and then the "group playing" will be back at the top corner again and I have to wait to try again.

I have tried logging out of my Xbox account and relogging. I have turned off the Xbox. Restarted and hard resets. I have deleted and then reinstalled the whole game. Ive turned off and then back on again the multiplayer function in my xbox settings. I've shutdown the game, then gone back into it. I've played arcade and other multiplayer modes in the game, and they have worked, but then I go to play GA again and the problem still happens. 

I can't think of one other thing I could do on my end to fix this. I imagine it is completely an issue with my account and this game and it has developed some bug when it comes to being in a "party" with other players. This has been happening for about a year or so now. I think it went away for a while when I stopped being in parties with people. But, as I said, it's started up again.

Message 1 of 3 (1,518 Views)

Re: "Group playing" issue in star wars battlefront 2

★ Novice

I have the same issue, and tried everything OP listed. No change. I notice on co-op more than any other mode, but Supremacy, Arcade, and Campaign also do this. Really needs to be sorted out.

Message 2 of 3 (946 Views)

Re: "Group playing" issue in star wars battlefront 2

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Battlefront II please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 3 of 3 (913 Views)