"Gone dark" Voeld sidequest - Angaran bug won't scan

by syntheticpanda

Original Post

Re: "Gone dark" Voeld sidequest - Angaran bug won't scan

★ Guide

Same, on PC. And it's happening at multiple kett bases/locations, so I can't just go and try somewhere else.

Message 51 of 61 (4,554 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got though this part of the quest. I kept getting the "Scanned Bug" before as you guys had. Solved it today.. I appears Reloading the map (by changing planets, reloading save files and even using fast travel) re rotates the location of the bug. apparently the first one we see is the one we scanned first.

so, this is what I did: i used this interactive map of voeld: https://guides4gamers.com/mass-effect-andromeda/poi/kett-camps-crash-sites-voeld/#mark-2031

at the bottom of the map, you can switch off other map markers leaving the green hexagonal dots (pertaining to kett camps)

then went through all the camps AVOIDING USE OF FAST TRAVEL. eventually I got all the angaran bugs and got to the next step to get to the "broken signal"

Hope this solves it for you guys too!

Message 52 of 61 (4,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a solution:

1) Leave the planet

2) Save the game

3) Exit the game

4) Open game, click "Load Game" and load your save

5) Land on the planet

6) Go to the place where the Angaran bug or one of the other two things is

7) Drive past it very close

8) Search for the next Kett building

9) Lett the Kett kill you

10) from where you respawn, drive to the location where the bug should be

11) Now you should be able to scan it

!Important! Do not use fast travel! And if there are enemies kill all of them before activating you scanner!

Kind regards

GLG

Message 53 of 61 (4,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The solution for me (on Xbox one) was to leave the planet, come back, then go to each point until I found a marker I hadn't scanned. I waited until Sam was done talking then turned on my scanner and it let me scan it
Message 54 of 61 (4,247 Views)

★ Novice

The solution for me was to scan the bug before i killed all kett in the place. If i tried to scan it after the fight, it was allready yellow, but scanning it while under fire solved it.

Message 55 of 61 (3,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Message 56 of 61 (3,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have same issue on xbox one and no matter how many times i leave planet return save etc. it won't fix. Why the heck after 3 plus years are all these glitches and problems still not fixed and patched. whoever is running bioware should be fired plain and simple. 3 years later people these devs should all be fired for laziness incompetance and uselessness.

Message 57 of 61 (2,420 Views)

★★★ Novice

lol 2021 Bug don't fix Large smile

Message 58 of 61 (2,103 Views)

Just for those who didn't know......

ALL support for the single player portion of this game stopped about July 2017.

The cause of them stopping was the overwhelming backlash to the game, most of which wasn't deserved, but hey ME3 ending hate and pile on EA and you get online mobs with pitchforks.  So EA cut and ran from the game, and all support stopped, which meant that now we live with it or don't play.  There is no reason to keep posting XXXX bug is still here, as it will always be here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 59 of 61 (2,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for making this! I was going crazy. Did as you suggest and it worked. Thanks- 2022

Message 60 of 61 (1,371 Views)