Re: "Gone dark" Voeld sidequest - Angaran bug won't scan

by Verisco

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem on PC. I have finished the main story quest and all other quests. The bugs don't even show up for me anymore when I go to locations to try to finish this last quest.

Message 11 of 61 (7,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
I actually managed to finish the quest not long after my original post, so thought I'd share what happened. Playing on PC, the bugs wouldn't scan, so I saved the game, closed it, then reloaded the save I had just made.

When I loaded back in, the Kett devices were gone, because I was standing right next to one in that save and it was no longer there. I left the area and did a few other sidequests, then found a Kett device in a different location which I was finally allowed to scan. Finished the quest after that. Hopefully this works for someone else too.
Message 12 of 61 (19,946 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Half of the mssions in this story mission on the snow world don't work. This game is more broken than Fallout 4 was when it launched.

Message 13 of 61 (7,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also have the same issue, PC.  Seems like a simple quest trigger bug, maybe scanning them out of order (i found the first bug before i read the thing about the bugs going dark which was still labelled as with a "new quest" icon)

Anyone else do this?  Maybe its just a glitched quest but could it be because we scanned the bugs before interacting with the quest giver?

Message 14 of 61 (7,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh the guy above is correct, simple fix.  Save the game next to the broken bug, reload.  The game clears the sidequest queues and it will vanish when you load the new save.  Now a new bug will spawn in another Kett camp and you can progress the quest. 

Worked for me on PC.  Dunno bout other platforms.

Message 15 of 61 (7,253 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have this scanning issue but it's with the mission with the drive core on elaaden
Message 16 of 61 (7,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here. Only unfinished quest on Veold.

Guess I'll call playthrough 1 the incomplete one
Message 17 of 61 (7,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue on ps4 its driving me crazy pls fix

Message 18 of 61 (7,072 Views)

★ Novice

I tried saving and reloading to scan the angaran bug again, but this quick fix did not work for me

Message 19 of 61 (7,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too, PS4 deluxe version
Message 20 of 61 (7,002 Views)