"Anticheat not running"?

by IMightKickAss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Anticheat not running"?

★★★★ Guide

Hello

These days I often have code net and it is not unusual,

but I also had a few ones the message "anticheat is not running or authentication failed 1/2"?

Then it is followed by "reservation expired".
The fact being that my computer is the same than the month before (only Apex was patched), and until now I had no problem.
I don't want to risk getting banned because of a technical problem...

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Anticheat not running"?

Community Manager

Hey @IMightKickAss,

We're still currently looking into a number of connection-related errors, including code:net. 

This is a fairly broad connection error however, so it may not hurt to check through some of the basic connection troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so, just to see if that makes any difference for you.

As far as the anti-cheat messages you're seeing though, I would definitely suggest going through this process to try repairing the Easy Anti-Cheat installation. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (512 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @IMightKickAss,

We're still currently looking into a number of connection-related errors, including code:net. 

This is a fairly broad connection error however, so it may not hurt to check through some of the basic connection troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so, just to see if that makes any difference for you.

As far as the anti-cheat messages you're seeing though, I would definitely suggest going through this process to try repairing the Easy Anti-Cheat installation. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (513 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Mako Thanks, I already did the network things but I'll look into the anticheat installation repair.
I'll tell you if it helped.
Message 3 of 6 (496 Views)

★★ Guide

@IMightKickAss I've seen someone else with the issue and suggested they search for "msconfig" on Windows then open services and locate "EasyAntiCheat" and make sure it's selected and click apply. They said it worked for them.

Message 4 of 6 (484 Views)

★ Guide

Try to restart the game.

Message 5 of 6 (468 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have just had the same problem for the 2nd time in this week .. I was kicked out of a Ranked match for "Anticheat not running" issue and I was banned from playing the game for 10 minutes for abandon penalty after I tried to reopen the game directly..  I hope I dont get my account banned from this issue !!

Message 6 of 6 (414 Views)