"An error has occurred and you are no longer synced with the online match"

by Crixsp

Original Post

Re: "An error has occurred and you are no longer synced with the online mat

★★★ Novice

The method using task manager didn't work for me, and for a few others, so I looked into alternatives.

Best fix I've found is a program called process lasso. (http://bitsum.com)

The free version works fine for this purpose, you should open up fifa, find it in the list of processes on process lasso, right click, set affinity (choose CPU Affinity, Always) and choose Cores 0 to 15. Make sure any core 16+ is unticked.

If you set this permanently for the fifa process, it will only use 16 threads, and no longer crash, hope this helps.

Message 11 of 104 (3,008 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried this, doesn't work. Same problem as before. Unless EA fixes this, I doubt we can find an actual fix

Message 12 of 104 (2,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me and my friend both have a 5900x and have been having the same issue. Process Lasso didn't work for us either. I also attempted to limit my 5900x to 1 ccx through Ryzen Master and so it is essentially limited to 6 cores 12 threads on one ccx. This makes it so that task manager only can show 6 cores and so FIFA only knows about 6 cores, that was also unsuccessful.

Message 13 of 104 (2,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, I'm also with the 5900x, tried everything, I noticed that I only get the error when a player gets carded. It's crazy that a big company like EA lets a problem like this go unnoticed.

Message 14 of 104 (2,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the 5900x as well. Tried all methods here in this thread and none of them works. Sadly, I only found this thread now, and I cannot ask for REFUND on steam anymore...
I'll try to open a ticket to EA and see what happens.
This is very very frustrating, and definitely it's my last purchase of FIFA games if this bug isn't fixed.

Message 15 of 104 (2,809 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me

Message 16 of 104 (2,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I spoke with EA Help account on Twitter, and they told me to keep adding details to this thread, that they would be looking into this for a fix.
So anyone that is experiencing the same issue, please provide more info, your system specs, etc.

My specs are:
- Ryzen 5900x;
- 32GB RAM;
- GTX 970;
- 2 Internet providers (tested the issue wit both, happens on both);
- Used the Windows Task manager workaround - didn't work;
- Tried Lasso software workaround - didn't work;
- Verified game files, 4 files were downloaded again - didn't work; 
- Reinstalled the game with Origin, clean install - didn't work;
- Formatted Windows, deleted and created the partition - didn't work;

When the issue happens:
From my experience, every time there's a referee cutscene, or card given cutscene (mostly yellow cards). When the game resumes, the bug pops. It already happened with penalties with a friend of mine.
One thing to observe is that sometimes, when you watch the full cutscene without pressing the button to skip, nothing happens. But this isn't 100%, and normally that's something you can only control when the cutscene is for your team.

Update: Just played a few matches and the bug stopped for a while, and then, after one cutscene of a foul, the adversary player shot the ball and I got disconnected. So it happens without cards interactions as well.

Message 17 of 104 (2,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi all, I have the same issue, but my pc has an Intel CPU.

My specs: i7 4770k / 16GB RAM / EVGA Gtx 1060

I got the error after a penalty kick. The goalkeeper defended the ball and right after I got the same message.

Message 18 of 104 (2,713 Views)

★★★ Novice

Previously posted about my issue in this thread but attaching my specs and a breakdown of what I have tried.

My specs are:
- Ryzen 5900x;
- 32GB RAM;
- GTX 770;
- Have previous machine that it works perfectly right next to it, have switched the ethernet cable between them. OS drive with game on it was copied to new computer;
- Used the Windows Task manager workaround - didn't work;
- Tried Lasso software workaround - didn't work;
- Verified game files, no errors - didn't work; 
- Formatted Windows, deleted and created the partition - didn't work;

- isolated system to a single CCX from BIOS - didn't work

When the issue happens:
Completely randomly, originally thought only during cutscenes/cards but it has happened when I was running straight down the field.

Message 19 of 104 (2,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem switched from a Intel CPU to a new AMD system with complete new Origin install.

I have yet to finish any online games without error "An error has occurred, and you are no longer synced with the online match" 

for me always happens around halfway through the second half.

Corsair One a200

CPU Ryzen 5900x

MB B550 ITX/AX

GPU Nvidia RTX3080

Mem 32GB DDR4  2666

Windows Task manager workaround - didn't work;
- Verified game files, no errors - didn't work; 

Disappointing, that this could potentially be a CPU issue with EA games.

Message 20 of 104 (2,583 Views)