Original Post

Re: "An error has occurred and you are no longer synced with the online mat

★★ Novice

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Message 81 of 104 (1,938 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I have identified a 'fix' for this problem that has definitely stopped the issue from occurring, me and my team have managed to play quite a few games whilst absolutely decimating the other team with leg breaking tackles and a lot of cards.

As identified by a lot of us in this thread the issue steams from not a connectivity issue but a problem with the game engine handling high core count CPUs (i9/R9). This is mainly attributed to Hyperthreading for Intel users and SMT for AMD user. Hyperthreading or SMT is (rough description) a feature of modern processors that allows you to essentially double the amount of cores in your system. The fix is to disable these options

AMD USERS (RYZEN 9)

To disable SMT you can do it through one of two ways although both require you to reboot your device. The first is do disable it from your BIOS, restart your pc and then repeatedly press either DEL, F4, F8 or F12 (tends to change depending on your motherboard make). The best thing you can do really is google '*motherboard model* how to disable SMT'. The other option you have to download an official AMD Ryzen management application called Ryzen master. You can download it here: AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD using this console you can change your SMT settings without having to go into the BIOS - it is important to note that you still have to reboot your device.

INTEL USERS (Intel i9)

The solution is similar for Intel devices, boot your pc into the bios and look for the option to disable hyperthreading, again if you google the model of your motherboard and 'how to disable HT' then you should find your answer. I'm not sure if Intel has a similar application to Ryzen master but someone else in this thread may be able to shed some light on this.

NOTE TO EA

Although this can be used to stop the issue from occurring this should in no way be treated as the solution. For players to have to remove essentially half of their PC's processing power (in theory) shouldn't be classed as a 'fix'. The development team at EA need to modify the game engine to work with SMT/HT

What I would sign this off with is that if you have been experiencing this issue you should definitely not invest in FIFA22. The next game is using the same game engine as the current release and likely hood the issue will carry over - wait until this has been addressed and then purchase the next game.

Message 82 of 104 (1,925 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A fast way to disable the SMT is to use the software PROCESSLASSO, it doesn't require a reboot and will only affect the executable you set up.

Message 83 of 104 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Totally agree!

Clearly an issue with multiple core CPU's. Never had this issue on my older PC. Happens at least once a night

• What Platform are you playing on? Pc through origin
  • What game mode did this occur in? Pro clubs but also get kicked on FUT
  • Where are you located? UK
  • What is your ISP? Sky 55 mb/s
  • When did this issue start? Once i got my new PC which has 27 CPU's

90% of the time any player gets a card, ours or opponents i get kicked. The fact that this was reported first in November and its still happening in July is an utter joke

Message 84 of 104 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Novice

woohoo thanks for the temp fix. next pes is free so goodbye ea !! Standard smile

Message 85 of 104 (1,640 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ShiNNNNNNNNNNNNl this didnt work for me I had to enter BIOS
Message 86 of 104 (1,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Confirming that disabling SMT in my motherboard's BIOS COMPLETELY RESOLVED THE ISSUE.

This is the fix y'all, and FIFA 21 isn't the only game to have weird bugs because of high core count CPU's either (e.g. RUST).

Message 87 of 104 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So yeah this never got fixed....

Message 88 of 104 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How can I fix this 

Message 89 of 104 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just installed my i9 12900k and I have the same error.

It's impossible to disable HT since I use my cores and for some reason I got this CPU.

Awful EA, what a joke

Message 90 of 104 (1,118 Views)