poor performance on high end pc

by ArtificialKidd

Original Post

poor performance on high end pc

★★ Novice

Hello everyone, i've recently upgraded my pc to this current spec because i thought my old pc wasn't good enough to run apex smoothly, my current spec is:

- Ryzen 3600

- 2 x 8 GB Ram Ripjaws at 3000 mhz with xmp enabled

- 6700 xt reference

- 750w evga gold +

- mobo aorus elite b450

- 144hz viewsonic 2401 monitor

I've pretty much tried everything because the game always felt "choppy" to me,  i have tried pretty much every combination, vsync on/off, amd freesync on or off, uncapped or capped fps, smartsync and enhanced sync on and off, nothing, even if sometimes the games goes as up as 250 fps with everything low it doensn't feel smooth at all, untill i found this

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/need-help-low-fps-in-Apex-Legends/m-p/9216992#M76263

I have installed RTSS as suggested and in firing range the game feels like it never felt before, i was so happy to try it in a normal game but for some weird reason, in duo trio br it's not the same, i can't maintain a stable 144fps, sometimes it just dips at 138 ~ and it feels stuttery again. I refuse to belive that this kind of setup cannot run this game at 144 all low but i'm out of ideas, anything is appreciated, thanks in advance!

@Sick1ClickSorry to bother you but your guide has been the best solution i've found, if only i'd be able to keep it work in br it would be amazing

Message 1 of 14 (432 Views)

Re: poor performance on high end pc

★★★★ Guide
@ArtificialKidd same thing, this game just does not feel smooth. Plus you are asked to do numerous settings - lock this, change that, set priorities, set software side bla bla bla, and still you are getting low hardware usage while game feels like sh*** with FPS drops being constant issue, shutters, random freezes in game... no other game even one that pushes my PC to 100% hardware utilization has such issues.

It's funny how games like Forza run smoothly while Apex is just too much to handle... in my opinion that is related to code being not ideal and the server not being able to synch well enough creating this chooppy experience.
Message 2 of 14 (410 Views)

Message 3 of 14 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9154 I've some fixes in here. Maybe it will help u

Dont post it here, devs wont help, or they come up with some * "fixes" that wont work because its server related.

Message 4 of 14 (365 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for replying, somehow it makes me feel better to see that i'm not alone, it's just sad dumping that much money to play a game and never manage to have a good experience

Message 5 of 14 (351 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just noticed that my gpu usage is never higher then 50-55%, is there a way to increase that? I guess that i wouldn't dip so low if it was at 85-90%

Message 6 of 14 (329 Views)

★ Guide

Higher graphics.

Check your temps, do u have good airflow? Might be thermal throttling. Use hwmonitor to check your temps. Run it in the background and play some games

Message 7 of 14 (318 Views)

★★ Novice

Temps seems in line with other people, throttling doesn't seem to be the issue, card even in benchmark never goes higher then 85 °C, thanks for the input tho

Message 8 of 14 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Max out the voltage and power in msi afterburner, maybe do a oc also if u want tho. So it uses more power

Message 9 of 14 (298 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just tried to do that but even if my game can actually run at more then 144 fps, the lows are too low and stutters anyway. I've tried to set my monitor refresh rate at 100 hz and even if i have never had lows under 100 fps, when i cap them at 100 it goes to 95 fps making the game stutters.

Message 10 of 14 (283 Views)