player career mode wrong position

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You create a pro for Manchester United and choose position CAM, then the pro will be placed in wrong position when you start a match.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every match the player plays in ST position although I set a main position as CAM. You can see through the images below.
What should be happening instead? The player should be in the main position because the formation has 1 CAM

I had created a new pro several times and all had the same error. 

Honestly I do not understand what is going on with career mode this year, too many errors!

Message 1 of 20 (19,427 Views)

player career mode incorrect positions

★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Begin a player career mode and chose position as CAM
What happens when the bug occurs? I am played as a LM or LW
What should be happening instead? I should be playing in central midfield (either CM or CAM )

So this is my 4th time starting a player career mode and I am now facing a new issue. If i make my player to play as a CAM in game I am played a LM or LW for some reason does not matter about what players are signed in the career mode or which club I start a career mode with I am played as a LM or LW

Message 2 of 20 (19,396 Views)

Re: player career mode wrong position

★★★★★ Novice
@Tuslipid Me too, sometimes I don’t even get picked to start, always have to sim, then i create a new career. Too many bugs 🤦‍♂️
Message 3 of 20 (19,323 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, I hope EA fix it, I was playing CAM and now I have been placed as a GK, ridiculous.

Message 4 of 20 (19,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BlueNavyYT OMG that’s terrible. This game has been so poorly released. 

Message 5 of 20 (19,096 Views)

Re: player career mode incorrect positions

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem, started a career as a CAM and was playing as LM before I went on loan to a new team and was playing as a Striker for them while their Striker played CAM...

Message 6 of 20 (19,008 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had that issue when i moved to Barca. My player position is ST and for some reason they even play DM at ST and play me on the LW. I  transferred to Bayern, where also for some reason they play MF at the RW and play RW in MF positions. Ndidi plays at RW and Gnabry plays in MF. 

Message 7 of 20 (18,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My issue is similar,my pro plays in the correct position but the manager has cb playing in midfield and the midfield in the back like.. which obviously impacts how good the AI plays as the team 

Message 8 of 20 (18,543 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Tuslipid me too - ST became LW totally f'ed up my game. but at least now i know what position to start with when wanting to play st ! thanks !
Message 9 of 20 (18,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue as well 

Message 10 of 20 (17,456 Views)