Re: performance issues after the new update for apex legends

by Dandulica

Original Post

★ Apprentice

too many people having lag problems after this update. did not have problems before so are you going to do something about this?I keep seeing this red speed warning all the time in top right corner plus sometimes 2 other warnings!!! Game unplayable!!!

Message 21 of 47 (2,953 Views)

Community Manager

You need to poll the UO Trace @Viper8014 in order for it to contain the information we would need.

Would you mind rerunning it and then let it poll and send 100 packets?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 22 of 47 (2,951 Views)

Community Manager

I understand your frustration  @Dandy_Crook but the number of reports we are seeing is quite small and as such, we need as much information as possible so that we can look into this.

If you are having the issue can you try the steps I linked above to see if they improve the issue for you?

Also, if you can, can you set your mobile phone up as a hotspot and connect using it to see if the issue affects you on that network?

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 23 of 47 (2,947 Views)

★ Apprentice

everything happens with a half a second delay!!!!!!!! wasn't like this before update!!!!!!!!!!! you are stubborn darko...jez...

Message 24 of 47 (2,943 Views)

★★ Apprentice

like that?

Message 25 of 47 (2,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont think its my internet problem… i have really good internet.. the game is just laggy, this was the same problem when this game came out... Slow motion and slow motion…

Message 26 of 47 (2,926 Views)

Community Manager

That's perfect @Viper8014.

So looking at the UO Trace you still have a number of hops with very high ping time but more worrying are the two hops on which you have 1% and 2% packet loss. Any packet loss other than 0% and 100% is cause for concern and can cause issues with connection. The best thing to do is go through the steps I shared above and if you continue to see the issues with % loss you may need to speak with your ISP.

Have you been able to set your phone as a hot spot and connect using it to see if the issue remains there? 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 27 of 47 (2,919 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok with all respect to u darko..... so from what i see...u guys in the support office are just doing this ....copy and paste this message for everyone .....but i'm telling u ....the game is not responding in the task manager ....how can that be a network problem ...i may be dumb in some of the troubleshooting things ..but notwork wont make the game stop and freeze and lag (FPS LAG!!) and freeze ....network lags are very very known ......and if u will say that it's my pc performance issue in your next message ...then NO no and NO ....i've been playing this game since the release and that wasn't happening ....so face the fact that all of those problems happened after that update...

Message 28 of 47 (2,917 Views)

★★ Apprentice
also its not my ping problem ...i've played tons of online games and none of them were lagging or (freezing from the network like u said)
Message 29 of 47 (2,912 Views)

Community Manager

Hey  @Viper8014 based on the documents you supplied I can see clear issues with connection. Packet loss of any kind is a huge cause for concern and while 1% and 2% packet loss may not seem like much to you, it can be the difference between the game working or not. 

Just because other games work without issue does not mean that all will. Every game is different and if your network settings are not set correctly or your ISP is routing your data in a strange way then you can have issues. 

Have you been able to set your phone as a hot spot and connect using it to see if the issue remains there?  

Darko

Darko.png
Message 30 of 47 (2,908 Views)