Re: performance issues after the new update for apex legends

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Community Manager

Your UO Trace is showing some incredibly high Ping times well before you get anywhere near the EA servers @ThanksALOTT.

I would suggest trying the connection troubleshooting steps I shared above and if the issue continues it's no harm speaking with your ISP and showing them the results of your UO Trace.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 47 (834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for looking into it. I'm based in India and I'm trying to connect to US based EA servers in that UO trace so yeah my pings are naturally going to be high. @EA_Darko 

Message 12 of 47 (826 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko It would be helpful if you could share IPs of Asia servers located in Singapore. From the data centers list on Apex Legends homescreen, I can tell that I get lowest ping on Singapore servers (around 70-80ms). I will do another test on UO trace if you provide Singapore server IPs and share the results with you.

Message 13 of 47 (820 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

The IP addresses you can test with are all listed in the troubleshooting steps I listed above @ThanksALOTT

Also, I just noticed that you only sent 2 packets, can you re-run the UO Trace and sent 100 packets.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 47 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

There are no IPs other than of US and Europe servers on the troubleshooting guide page you mentioned. I will do another test for 100 packets but please keep in mind that this issue came up only after the update! Lag is abysmally horrible due to high percentage of packet loss. There are numerous people complaining about this same issue after the update. @EA_Darko 

Message 15 of 47 (798 Views)

Community Manager

I ran a UO Trace to the US from a similar distance as you @ThanksALOTT and my highest ping was 96ms. I do understand that distance can result in higher ping times but pings of over 200ms are very high even taking into consideration the distance. 

Can you also try setting your mobile phone up as a hot spot and connect using that to see if the issue remains?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 47 (793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko I don't think mobile phone hotspot connection would show any better results. I appreciate your suggestion but since when wireless connection started to fair better than ethernet based connection for gaming? Anyhow, if it helps in some way, I will try that and let you know the results.

I'm curious how you mimicked the distance between India and US servers for your UO trace test and if you took into account several hoops that my requests would go through before reaching US servers. Wouldn't all those contribute to high latency?

Message 17 of 47 (788 Views)

Community Manager

I am located a similar distance from the US servers as you are @ThanksALOTT. I ran the UO Trace from here and the highest Ping I saw was 96ms. 

The reason I asked you to try with a hotspot is that a number of other users with this issue had no problem when connected to their phone when it was set as a hotspot. I am merely trying to ascertain if the same is for you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 18 of 47 (786 Views)

★★ Apprentice

here's my UO Trace ....but i never had ping issue or lag cuz of the network in the game before tbh

Message 19 of 47 (770 Views)

★★ Apprentice
plus there's a stupid kind of a delay on everything in the game ....like when i pop a smoke with bangalore there's a delay on the action ....when i choose bangalore in the legend select screen there's a delay on her animation too and every skin for the legends are loading so slow now (it wasn't like that before)
Message 20 of 47 (765 Views)