Re: pc lags a lot when playing apex

by samer000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

pc lags a lot when playing apex

★★★★ Novice

i played a lot of games but this is the only game that when i play it and while waiting in queue go back to desktop i can barely move the mouse the PC freeze and lag while the game is in on my HDD and my system is on the SSD, the HDD usage is 100% which is okay but the SSD usage is 5%

Message 1 of 7 (1,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@samer000 

We recommend updating to the latest build of Windows 10 and update your video card driver too. With 4 CPUs I recommend disabling afterburner and all overlays before playing to see if you have improved results.

Any way you can clear up a little more space on your C drive? That should alleviate some stress on the system too.

A clean boot disables all non-necessary Windows startup processes so we can see how your game performs with nothing else running in the background. 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,061 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@samer000 

Do you have Origin In-Game disabled under your Origin client's Application Settings? See if disabling that will improve performance for you. Are you alt-tabbing out of fullscreen or do you have the game's video setting set to borderless window?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i used process lasso it showed pages.sys consuming disk, my pc was using 16gb of virtual memory on the drive, i had to remove it now everything is fine, but sometimes i get 20fps on menu screen some people said it happen all the time it's normal

Message 3 of 7 (1,115 Views)

Community Manager

I'm not quite sure that is normal.

Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Are you running any other overlays or programs like Afterburner in the background while the game is running? If you perform a clean boot and don't get the 20fps when the game runs, that's a good way to tell if it's something running in the background that's causing it.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,102 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes i have afterburner and Nvidia overlay and this only happened once or twice and the people in chat said it happen to them sometimes and this is my dxdiag file and if you mean clean boot that clear unused ram i usually use rundll32.exe from system32 from as far as i know it clear unused ram

Message 5 of 7 (1,094 Views)

Community Manager

@samer000 

We recommend updating to the latest build of Windows 10 and update your video card driver too. With 4 CPUs I recommend disabling afterburner and all overlays before playing to see if you have improved results.

Any way you can clear up a little more space on your C drive? That should alleviate some stress on the system too.

A clean boot disables all non-necessary Windows startup processes so we can see how your game performs with nothing else running in the background. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh ok i did do that before and it wasn't very entertaining to get back all the disabled services and i lost some very important stuff like database server and these stuff and it was so time consuming, so if there is a way to restore the default running services i'll try that solution

Message 7 of 7 (1,044 Views)