[pc] Cut scenes crashes

by Stuwitt22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[pc] Cut scenes crashes

★★★ Newbie

Game Cuts Out

My game either crashes to windows or i lose hot key interface controls and keyboard controls during cut scenes.  If i lose controls i have to hit escape ( the only working key on the keyboard )quit game to windows and reload.   Game will also often crash during travel load scenes. Have put in a ticket and was advised to clean install most up to date graphics drivers, which i have done and it made no difference.  Often on loading into the game i have just a black screen which turns to normal screen after an minuet or two.  On average the game crashes every 20 to 30 minuets which is very frustrating, please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [pc] Cut scenes crashes

[ Edited ]

@Stuwitt22

Can you provide a dxdiag per this link

Based on what you have described I am going to make the assumption your OS is 32 bit , the dxdiag will confirm it is 32bit

[For others this is only to be used for a 32bit OS NOT for a 64 bit OS]

To enable 
1.Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"

(minus the " ")
3.Push Enter key and Restart the computer. 

To disable after testing the game if no affect
1.Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
3.Push Enter Key and Restart the computer.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (346 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Stuwitt22

Can you provide a dxdiag per this link

Based on what you have described I am going to make the assumption your OS is 32 bit , the dxdiag will confirm it is 32bit

[For others this is only to be used for a 32bit OS NOT for a 64 bit OS]

To enable 
1.Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"

(minus the " ")
3.Push Enter key and Restart the computer. 

To disable after testing the game if no affect
1.Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
3.Push Enter Key and Restart the computer.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for your help.   You were right i have a 32 bit system so i followed your instructions and all seemed to work just fine, i was able to play for 4 hours with only 1 incident, which i think was unrelated to my original problem.   I froze and could not move so i used the stuck command but it didn't work( i still had full keyboard control) so i ported to guild ship and everything was fine, could move with full controls, so i exited back to world only to find i had a full black screen and still could not move from the original freeze spot.  Quit game and re-logged with no improvement so i ported back to stronghold, regained normal screen and graphics, then re entered planet from my ship and kept playing without incident for another 2 hours.  It was the best game play i have ever had since downloading the game so once again THANK YOU so much Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (287 Views)