packet loss fifa 22

by henrique-rib

Original Post

packet loss fifa 22

★★★ Newbie

Hi,
I have a problem in fifa 22.
Since last week  the red simbol for packet loss started showing in EVERY single game. I dont know if it has something to do with the last update.
Everytime the icon shows,  i get heavy lagg.
I´ve been playing fifa for many years and never had this problem. I used to have connection problems but that ended after i started using a ethernet cable. I  tried restaring the router, changing to wifi, restarting the modern of the house... and nothing. I re-installed fifa 21 and saw that it had the same problem. I play mainly pro clubs and its really flustrating to play it like this.

If anyone has the same problem and knows how to fix it please let me know.
Thank you

Message 1 of 18 (4,956 Views)

Re: packet loss fifa 22

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have never had internet issues with fifa, but this year its been bad. Wired PS5 connection here too.

Message 2 of 18 (4,919 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all it sounds like you may be having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 18 (4,898 Views)

★ Guide

Been having the same issue since the patch, especially tonight. Tested my connection using Speed Test and says 0% packet loss so something FIFA related.

Also wired PS5

Message 4 of 18 (4,877 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @moduchezeau please try the steps I shared above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 18 (4,861 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko thanks for the reply, I did before adding my comment. No improvement.
Message 6 of 18 (4,858 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @moduchezeau please speak with your ISP in relation to improving your connection.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 18 (4,855 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Is there still an investigation into the speed up lag and stutter because so many people are having these issues only on fifa 22 so it can’t be that everybody has poor connection due to their ISP?
Message 8 of 18 (4,847 Views)

★ Guide

I will, thank you.

However it is surprising as a) didn’t have an issue on FIFA 21, b) haven’t had an issue on FIFA 22 until the patch (especially been an issue last couple of days) c) no issue with other games including last night d) speed test indicated no issues.

I appreciate a lot of people complain all the time about the quality of the connection, but the volume of people reporting issues with lag, packet loss etc where they had no problem pre patch suggests it should be investigated. 

That, in addition to the fact PS5 custom controls are causing issues in game. 

Message 9 of 18 (4,845 Views)

★★ Novice

Hiya mate did you manage to get this sorted I’ve had the same problem since the last update?

Message 10 of 18 (4,682 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help