Re: no mouse cursor in vr / vr audio out selection

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

no mouse cursor in vr / vr audio out selection

★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not for these two issues so my apologies in advance if that is the case.

Issue #1 when I toggle the game into VR there is no mouse cursor in VR. The mouse cursor does exist on the desktop screen however. I know the mouse is moving in VR because I can see menu icons illuminate. 

Issue #2 when I toggle the game into VR the game defaults the audio to my Oculus Quest - but those headphones are not very good. There is no in game setting I have found to push the audio to my headphones. When the game is loaded on the desktop monitor the audio works correctly on my Logitech G935 headphones. When in VR how can I force the game to send the audio to my headphones?

Thank you,

-Sean

Message 1 of 4 (543 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@Shadowjones Got the audio sorted out. Had to go into the Oculus windows app and tell the headset to use Windows Default Device rather than push the audio to the Quest.

I tried to alt-tab while in VR but the mouse cursor still doesn't display. But I can deal with it for now because the xbox controller can still be used to browse through the menus.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (484 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Take a deeper look into the games audio section. There is in fact a spot that allows you to select input and output. Although the game is not in front of me and that may have been solely for chat.

That said, go into windows sound setting advanced settings and you should be able to right click and set the sound you want as Default Device. The game should then pick it up.

Lastly, in VR the game window isn't truly brought up front, so make sure you alt + tab into the game.

Let me know if any of this works!

Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

★★ Novice
@Shadowjones Got the audio sorted out. Had to go into the Oculus windows app and tell the headset to use Windows Default Device rather than push the audio to the Quest.

I tried to alt-tab while in VR but the mouse cursor still doesn't display. But I can deal with it for now because the xbox controller can still be used to browse through the menus.
Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team
@theseanniellama do you have any overlay running in the background?

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (455 Views)