new nvidia gtx card updates cause msi afterburner riva tuner to stall game start

by luckispikes

Original Post

new nvidia gtx card updates cause msi afterburner riva tuner to stall game start

★★★ Newbie

(04/15/2020 graphics card updates) f your game starts fine the first launch and then you cant start the game again you either get a solid white or black screen until you sign out of user account or reboot system it is likely riva tuner on screen diagnostics, any overclocker or cautious gamer will know being able to see temperatures and fps live in game is important, i believe this also causes nvidia's shadowplay and broadcasting services not to initialize- "start" i open task manager and force stop both riva tuner processes and the 1 msi jet logo process up top, i hope this helps you guys believe me i know how frustrating this simple problem but im glad i don't need to log in and out of my windows account every time i close out of the game in-order to play it again (this is the best fail-safe) just an fyi. it stops all non essential system applications and restarts computer without waiting an entire re-boot. (BEST GAMING GUYS)    

Message 1 of 2 (1,846 Views)

Re: new nvidia gtx card updates cause msi afterburner riva tuner to stall game s

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@luckispikeswindows logo + L is NOT sign out in windows 10 its lock (ik,ik weird rite) you have to right click the start menu on desktop and you'll see shut down and sign out arrow. when screen goes black you cant switch windows as well you must hold windows key and tab to see the open new desktop " + " at the top left to open a stable desktop to open task manager from i never use ctrl-alt-del so i don't know if doing it works and considering i got 3 blue screen system crashes (volumxmgr) during attempts of diagnosing this latest issue i will not try and find out i would be willing next month after i get my hdd replacement cable delivered i have lost and back up my files first. Standard smile Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (1,839 Views)