need help, low fps in Apex Legends

by xkarqkarqx

Original Post

Betreff: need help, low fps in Apex Legends

★★★★ Pro

@Azaanis 

Hey nice to hear that it helped you. You'll get the best result by just cap the framerate a little below your nativ Hz number - for 144Hz take 138 for example.

Message 31 of 41 (1,888 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 32 of 41 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Novice

My line is moving all the time in 2 bars crap, no matter if i move the mouse or not.

Have Alienware 240hz, went down to 144hz bcz of this game, with 3700x and 1070ti.

All low in game, frame limited to 144.

If fps max is 0, its terrible, tried to -400 and nothing.

Message 33 of 41 (1,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hey @Troll_Anarkiii 

did you setup the video config like in the linked manual at 9.? 

#EDIT

Don't use scanline sync and RTSS frame limiter at the same time, just use your monitor at 144hz and adjust scanline sync

Message 34 of 41 (1,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, and it doesnt work for me, lagging like crap in fights and while i shoot, and i have optic fiber, so its not net. Did everything as you said.

Only awy i can play is locked 144, and even then it lags during fights.

Message 35 of 41 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Troll_Anarkiii 

Your hardware is not ideal for 240Hz in Apex legends with RTSS, but 144hz should work fine. Are you sure that you created the video config correctly?

I would recommend leaving the monitor at 144 Hz and only using +fps_max 138, i.e. not using RTSS/scanline sync. In addition, I noticed that the servers in the EU are anything but smooth.. everything is jerky for me too right now.

Message 36 of 41 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know its not ideal for 240hz. I wanted to buy 6800xt and 5900x, but gave up when i couldnt get 6800xt for less then 1000e.

The point is that it was working fine 190 locked before, and now it doesnt.

Its just that with every patch, they screw up something.

Message 37 of 41 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not only AMD. We, owners of RTX have the same issues. Try to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete in lobby - Game crash. You're in game, you got random lags. Replicator textures are not loading, it looks like 144p video from youtube. Same as holosprays. Sometimes they look great, and sometimes like pixelart made in MS Paint. Come on! Everything was ok for me, before the launched Genesis Update. I've got great hope this time when I've seen - " Fix patch"  - after this new event "Thrillseekers" game is even worse. Sometimes unplayable with FPS drops in random moments, Lobby generating 100% CPU usage (I got 30% CPU usage playing Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt on high quality, clicking "shooting range makes stutter  Apex for 30s - its f*cking disaster. Now I feel bad for wasting my money for Revenant Heirloom. It wasn't worth that money. I tried every solution, even looking problem on Windows Defender Antivirus. But the whole time it was Respawn patch fault.
There's 2 options. I've talk with many people, and errors like these occur in case of owning RTX card or Intel CPU.

R D C about players
e  o  a
s  n  r
p  t  e

a

w

n

Message 38 of 41 (969 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have r5 3600 and rtx 2060 super, even tho i get good fps, game feels really stuttery. But when i use rivatuner it makes my GPU load jump down to 50%, while without rivatuner its like 95%

Message 39 of 41 (914 Views)

★★ Novice

Does this same configuration work for season 18 of apex legends? Or is there an update?
thank you so much

Message 40 of 41 (259 Views)