by xkarqkarqx

Original Post

need help, low fps in Apex Legends

★★★ Novice

Hi, so i have a pretty good PC:

intel core i3 9100F

gtx 1650

8gb RAM

but in Apex even on very low graphic settings I have terrible FPS drop in bigger gunfights or during Gibraltars airstrikes. It also hapens when many granades are thrown at the same time. Usually I will get around 120 FPS but at those moments they drop to 30-20. I have the newest nvidia drivers, game is optimised yet its really laggy. What can I do?

Message 1 of 41 (2,673 Views)

Re: need help, low fps in Apex Legends

★★★ Novice

any help much appreciated, it makes game almost unplayable...

Message 2 of 41 (2,661 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @xkarqkarqx,

pretty good is relative. Look at my manual, it helped a lot of my friends https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Apex-Legends-Stuttering-Hitching-FPS-Drop-Frametime-Sp... 

Message 3 of 41 (2,621 Views)

Betreff: need help, low fps in Apex Legends

★★★★ Pro

@xkarqkarqxare there one ore two RAM modules in your pc?

Message 4 of 41 (2,594 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 41 (2,582 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sick1Click also, the tutorial you gave me helped a tiny bit, now the lag during airstrike or in smokes reaches 40 fps which is still kind of hard to play
Message 6 of 41 (2,580 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xkarqkarqxyou should definitely buy a second one! With two RAM sticks it runs in dual channel, in single channel mode you lose ~40% fps, depends on the application.

Message 7 of 41 (2,548 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Message 8 of 41 (2,543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sick1Click I really think that before recommending literally everyone your "guide" you should mention the side effects of using it. First of all you force triple buffering, which introduces a ton of input lag, which is so undesirable for FPS games. Second of all setting adaptive FPS target to 100 won't work as intended on all machines. On slower GPUs it will make the image insanely blurry. Furthermore there is no need to limit the game to 4 threads, as it only decreases the performance. And while well yes, it may work for you, it may make the game play "smoother" on your config, it's certainly not a solution for competitive gaming nor for everybody.
Message 9 of 41 (2,509 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@xkarqkarqx Please undo any modifications to the game that you did or that were recommended to you. Now try to use settings recommended by this video https://youtu.be/WPAC9hBLNHk I think it's the best combination between graphics and performance. Remember to turn off VSync if you don't have GSync monitor. Next set you Adaptive Resolution FPS Target, to something between 60 and 100, experiment and set this to your liking (from now on the game will never drop below this value, but may drop resolution if needed, it won't hinder your gameplay by much tho). To improve performance you can exclude Apex Legends and Easy Anti Cheats folders from your Antivirus software. And in Nvidia Control Panel set "Prefer Maximum Performance" and "High Performance" Anisotropic filtering. I hope this helps.
Message 10 of 41 (2,507 Views)